“Excellent lunch”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #12 of 190 Restaurants in Harlingen
Reviewed 18 August 2017

The thing about national brand chains is they are all held to a certain standard. While not as original as your smaller local restaurants, some chains can be quite good and LongHorn Steakhouse didn't disappoint. Food, service and ambiance were all excellent. Not your healthiest fare but you can order a side salad to help with the guilt. My only issue was they let my water glass go dry once but I was offered a refill a short time later. Overall I have no real complaints and enjoyed my lunch. I would be happy to go back.

1  Thank AdvTravelR

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We have been here many times and every dish has been good. We have eaten hamburgers, ribs, prime ribs. It is all good.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Went Saturday night for steak and lobster. Ordered cocktails first and since we knew what we wanted, ordered dinner at the same time with two glasses of wine to be brought when the dinner was served. Waitress brought the cocktails and almost immediately before we had a couple of sips, brought the salad making us feel rushed. That was the last time we saw her for approximately 40 minutes. A server from the kitchen brought our dinner, but no wine. We had just one glass of water to share. Just as we were taking the last bite of our food, the waitress showed up with my glass of wine, but had forgotten my wife's. As the object had been to enjoy the wine with the meal, it was pointless. I sent it back, cancelled my wife's wine order, we paid and left. The waitress never explained nor apologized for her complete failure to bring our wine or check on us in that 40 minute period. The food was actually good, but the experience was ruined by the poor service. We will not be returning any time soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Had a great dinner here with friends. Our steak was excellent and the dessert was over the top delicious. The service was very good.

Reviewed 28 April 2017

Don't get me wrong, this is a really good. But for someone that have been living in Texas for a while won't notice the different from the others.

The restaurant its really clean, lots of parking space, the staff friendly and attentive, the food was good other than I ask for my steak medium and get it rare.

The price it's fair, just like any other steakhouse in the area.

If this is you're the first trip to texas, its a really good place to start your culinary experience.