Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center
Hilton.com
  • Pool
USD 121*
USD 101*
Comfort Suites DFW N/Grapevine(Grapevine)(Great Value!)
USD 105*
Hyatt Place Dallas/Grapevine(Grapevine)(Great Value!)
USD 149*
USD 123*
HIExpress.com
USD 260*
4,320 results
All reviewsgaylord texanparadise springsriverwalk cantinaatrium viewsports bartexas stationzeppolesnow tubingold hickory steakhouseice exhibitglass cactusthe mexican restaurantthe river walkwine barself parkbeautiful resortchristmas decorations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Can't believe they take advantage of children that have no experience with room service. My child was there for FBLA conference.....you know who's in these rooms so you should explain to these young people the cost of this before you show up to their door with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a glass of milk and all the extra charges menu says $14 . And when they deliver it was $27 RIPOFF CITY AND YOU KNOW IT

• Stayed: November 2013
GaylordTexanResort, Customer Care Specialist at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Concernedparent2013,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback in regards of your child's stay. We are extremely sorry about the billing inconvenience your son experienced at our resort. I sent out your feedback to our In-room dinning manager so she can review with our staff in regards of communicating extra fees to all of our guest. If you can email me directly at tfeedbackmailbox@gaylordhotels.com so I can better assist you. Again, thank you so much for your feedback. Hope you have a great day.

Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 4 nights in October for a conference. Never walked outdoors! Meant to take the local shuttle over to the outlet shops but never made it. I enjoyed my lovely room, the comfy bed, my little balcony overlooking "The Alamo" lol and room service was wonderful--a steak one night and pizza the next. We enjoyed the bars and restaurants and even the little deli where you could get sandwiches and lattes at any time of day, ah, and an oreo brownie that was better even than it looked. The conference area is nice but a surprisingly far walk through a long hallway from the hotel part. I loved my half-day in the Relache spa where I had a wonderful glycolic facial from Stacey and sat in the sauna for a while. Took a shower.

• Stayed: October 2013
GaylordTexanResort, Customer Care Specialist at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

loudentnr,

Thank you so much for staying at our resort and providing your feedback in regards of your stay. I'm extremely glad to know you enjoyed your room, view and amenities provided to all of our guest. I will make sure the Spa management is aware Stacey did a phenomenal job with your facial. We do hope you get to visit us soon! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

This Gaylord, like the other Gaylords I have stayed at, is large and self contained, with restaurants, shops and amenities. The problem is, the Gaylord is so far away from anything that one feels held captive. The trip from the hotel to the town of Grapevine is about $10 per person, and the town of Grapevine, while quaint, is not exactly a booming metropolis. For 2 people to travel to Dallas for the day will cost over $100, just for the transportation. If you have a rental car, perhaps this hotel is not totally inconvenient, but I would not stay here for any reason other than attending a convention at this hotel, and even then I would consider staying someplace less expensive and closer to Dallas.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Thomas D

Thomas D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your feedback in regards of your experience at our resort. We are extremely sorry our location and our pricing wasn't to your satisfaction. Your information will help us know how our guest feel in regards of location. Thank you again! If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at Tfeddbackmailbox@gaylordhotels.com. Hope you have a great day!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

This hotel is more of a small city within a domed atrium. It contains numerous bars, restaurants and shops. The rooms are very comfortable and the one I had overlooked the central area. The food can be expensive but you have a vast choice from a burger in a sports bar to $50 for a steak that is not really worth the money.(see photo - it looks better than it tasted) There is an outdoor swimming pool, that was built the wrong side of the hotel, as it gets little sun in the afternoon because of the vast complex boxing it in.
A niteclub completes the complex with a free shuttle bus running to and from the hotel. That's if you can't be bothered (or are not capable of) making the five minute walk. A band performed on the Saturday night and they were very very good. You can reserve a table and eat in the nite club if you wish.
The safe in the room contains a charging socket for a laptop/i pad - shame it didn't work though as its a great idea.
A shuttle bus runs to the shopping mall nearby. Tickets cost $5 and is well worth it as you can travel around and take in the scenery.

Got to agree with other reviewers in that the tax they charge is an issue. You pay State tax, Sales tax and City Tax !!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
GaylordTexanResort, Customer Care Specialist at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Wotnohair,

Thank you so much for staying at our resort ad providing your feedback about your stay. We are glad you enjoyed your room and were able to experience our Glass Cactus night club. It is always nice to know our guest are having a good time at the Grapevine Downtown shopping center. On behalf of Gaylord Texan we are sorry the steak you had was not to your standards. Our team has been notified of your experience. We are also sorry the taxes at our resort were not explained to you correctly. Our room taxes consist of the mandatory city and state tax. All other amenities only have the regular 8.25% sales tax. Your review will assist our team improve our service. Please feel free to email us at Tfeedbackmailbox@gaylordhotels.com if you need further assistance. We hope you have a great day

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Of course, the attractions and range of things inside this hotel are great - lots of food choices, places to hang out, etc., but when it comes to excellent service, things seemed to falter quickly. Aside from the usual wear-and-tear things around the hotel that could easily be fixed more quickly than they seem to be (chipped paint around doorways, mold in the tub, torn pages in the guest directory), the housekeeping service was mediocre at best. The resort fee is proudly and immediately charged to your room (even before you arrive at it, incidentally), which is to include things like bottled water in the room each day. To find that on 2 out of 3 days, I had to call after housekeeping left and ask for said water - and ask for soap, washcloths, shampoo, and conditioner - it seems the fee is a bit of a sham.

I let guest services in the hotel know about this and they promised a manager would call me back or meet me at the desk at check out to talk with me. Neither materialized and I was left with a very sour taste of this hotel,

On the upside, my safe malfunctioned and the security person coming to address it was nothing short of incredibly prompt, helpful, and courteous.

If the rate is great or you are impelled to stay here for business, you will be fine, but otherwise, I would go to Great Wolf or something better nearby.

Room Tip: The atrium views are great!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank GregInDC
GaylordTexanResort, Cutsomer Care Specialist at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

GregInDC,

Thank you so much for staying at our resort and providing your experience with us. On behalf of Gaylord Texan we want to apologize about the inconveniences you experienced with the room not being serviced to your satisfaction and the room amenities. We sent out your concerns to our housekeeping team so we can take action in polishing those areas. Please feel free to email us at Tfeedbackmailbox@Gaylordhotels.com so we can assist you better with your experience. We are glad our security officer provided great service when your safe malfunctioned during your stay. Again, thank you for this information, as it will help our team improve our service. looking forward to hear from you. Hope you have a great day!