“Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, The Big Bopper Come Alive Again!!!”

Granbury Theatre Company
Ranked #13 of 45 things to do in Granbury
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Granbury Theatre Company is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that manages the Granbury Opera House, produces critically-acclaimed plays and musicals, and hosts concerts and other special events. The company also includes the Granbury Theatre Academy, which offers after-school and summer programs to provide acting, dance, and singing instruction for children, youth, and adults.
Reviewed 8 January 2017

It is the Winter Party! An extraordinary show with music that will keep you Rockin' and Rollin' from beginning to end. They look, move, play and sound exactly like you expect and the band is superb. If you remember and love the essence of Rock and Roll you will have a wonderful experience at this show. So comb back your DA's and keep it cool jewel....You'll have it made in the shade. Bobby socks and Rah Rah's are optional!

Reviewed 17 October 2016

The Opera House is now showing old movies. Most of them are 50 or more years old. They are all classics. We saw "Psycho" last night. I thought I had seen it years ago. No, I had just seen the shower scene a hundred times. The shows are on the third Sun night each month. We've seen "To Kill a Mockingbird", "Casablanca", "American in Paris", and others. They do accept donations. I think the money goes to the young actors academy.

Reviewed 1 August 2016

I went to see ghost in the sumner of 2015 and it was great! my grandma saw singing in the rain and enjoyed it as well!

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

We - and the rest of the packed house - thoroughly enjoyed the company's performance of "Singing in the Rain"! Can only repeat what others are saying - great cast, well directed. A small theater (about 225 seats) but good views and acoustics from anywhere. Watch their schedule for future productions as well as guest performances for an inexpensive and pleasant "date night".

Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

My wife and I are season ticket holders for Dallas Summer Musicals. We saw an advertisement for a production by the Granbury Theater Company (GTC) and decided to go see it. Mew were not disappointed! We saw "The Marvelous Wonderettes". This musical kept us in stitches the entire night. The Opera House is a very intimate setting so you are up close with the actors. The cast was OUTSTANDING! While the sets may not have the glitz and glamour of a Dallas Summer Musical I would definitely go back to see other musicals by GTC.