“a nice quiet place to eat”

Hoffbrau Steak & Grill House
Ranked #13 of 127 Restaurants in Granbury
Price range: USD 6 - USD 24
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Description: At Hoffbrau Steak & Grill House we bring friends and family together to enjoy savory delicious Texas-style meals. Certified Angus Beef (r), Duroc Pork, Hill Country inspired line of Chicken Fried Steaks and more from family recipes that have been enjoyed by our customers for over 40 years. We offer a relaxed casual environment, where everyone feels at home and no one is ever a stranger. The beer is always pouring, the margaritas are plentiful and we have a cocktail with your name on it for every entrée we serve. Our customers are family to us 7-days a week, for lunch, dinner, special occasions, office parties, that fun birthday celebration or you just want a good meal with your honey. Hoffbrau Steak and Grill House takes pride in being family-owned & operated since 1978. C'mon in & enjoy yourself, our Texas hospitality, great food & cold beer.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Went in because my husband wanted to go there.. They had local beers and preferred beer out of Dallas then the Granbury brew. The food was average but the service was excellent. Peggy our server was great.

Date of visit: April 2018
6  Thank Barbara A

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Used to be our place to go, but not after the last few sub par visits. Steaks are no longer flavorful and service is lacking. Drink selection has diminished greatly. Not much else to say......

Date of visit: March 2018
5  Thank BMT1972
rainey f, Owner at Hoffbrau Steak & Grill House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

We sure would like to hear more as your thoughts are important to us and we will only improve with your feedback. Could you please contact me via email at rfogiel@hbrmgt.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Stopped here after a wine tasting on a Saturday night as my friend suggested it. I had been to the Hoffbrau in Ft. Worth ~10 years ago so I was familiar with it - nothing much has changed in my opinion. I still don't know why the Hoffbrau is popular?

The place was busy being a Saturday evening and we were sat near the bar so it gets noisy. The waitress was busy but ensured we were attended to. I had the bacon wrapped filet, and my guest enjoyed the Smoked sausage, black eyed peas and macaroni which is not on the menu but they have it. We were asked if we wanted the bread and the salad even though it's part of the meal?? In my opinion it's pricy (sixty bucks for two inc. tip), the filet was a small 6 ounces and wasn't that good for the price.

This is still like a typical casual dining, grilled food restaurant of which you can find many cheaper eaters, and I would rather choose another steakhouse even ten years later and why I wouldn't go back.

Date of visit: March 2018
4  Thank Tabzenator
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Don't order wine or a ribeye steak at this restaurant! Wine portions are very small for the price, and when I tasted it, something wasn't right. The ribeye steak was very thin, and when requested medium rare, it was delivered well done. Salad and baked sweet potato were good, at least. The waiter was very accommodating - he took my wine back and brought me a beer instead, but then when the check came both were on it. Good thing the locals like this restaurant, I will not return.

Date of visit: February 2018
6  Thank Vicky M

We apologize that you were not happy with you experience and wish that we could make this up to you. We will be reviewing this with our Team.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

The food is good, the service is par, nothing exceptional, seems to be kids trying to earn a little extra money by bringing your food to the table and expection a big tip. Would rather spend a little more and go a nicer place, or save more money and cook a good steak at home.

Date of visit: February 2018
4  Thank Gitzie

Been to Hoffbrau Steak & Grill House? Share your experiences!