“a nice quiet place to eat”

Hoffbrau Steak & Grill House
Ranked #13 of 119 Restaurants in Granbury
Price range: USD 6 - USD 24
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Description: Hoffbrau Steaks was voted "one of Dallas' Best Chicken Fried Steak" by D Magazine. We are a family owned steak house, rustic and casual with a unique Texas atmosphere. We now proudly serve Premium Black Angus beef and an wide-ranging menu of chicken fried steaks, chicken, ribs, seafood, salads and burgers. We keep it Salt & Pepper Simple and make everything from scratch with love. Daily lunch specials are delicious and affordable. Large TV's are perfect for watching sports in our great bar. Come sample our extensive list of local, national and international beers in our fun bar. We love to cater for weddings, birthdays and office parties. Happy Hour is served from 4pm to 7pm Monday through Friday. Our quaint little town of Granbury is also home to the Granbury Opera House, built in the 1800's. Early to-mid 1800's German settlers, who helped develop the Hill Country of South Texas, also recreated their beloved "hoffbraus"or "beer gardens" where local townspeople, farmers and ranchers gathered to enjoy hearty meals and brewed beverages in a setting that was naturally casual yet humming with conversations and warm friendly service. What began as a "Hoffbrau" in South Texas truly was the origin of the Texas Hill Country Steakhouse... A tradition that our family has continued since opening Hoffbrau Steaks in 1978. Enjoy yourselves, our Texas hospitality... The great steaks and foods for which we are known. Many thanks, The Fogiel Family
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Went in because my husband wanted to go there.. They had local beers and preferred beer out of Dallas then the Granbury brew. The food was average but the service was excellent. Peggy our server was great.

4  Thank Barbara A

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Used to be our place to go, but not after the last few sub par visits. Steaks are no longer flavorful and service is lacking. Drink selection has diminished greatly. Not much else to say......

3  Thank BMT1972
rainey f, Owner at Hoffbrau Steak & Grill House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

We sure would like to hear more as your thoughts are important to us and we will only improve with your feedback. Could you please contact me via email at rfogiel@hbrmgt.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Stopped here after a wine tasting on a Saturday night as my friend suggested it. I had been to the Hoffbrau in Ft. Worth ~10 years ago so I was familiar with it - nothing much has changed in my opinion. I still don't know why the Hoffbrau is popular?

The place was busy being a Saturday evening and we were sat near the bar so it gets noisy. The waitress was busy but ensured we were attended to. I had the bacon wrapped filet, and my guest enjoyed the Smoked sausage, black eyed peas and macaroni which is not on the menu but they have it. We were asked if we wanted the bread and the salad even though it's part of the meal?? In my opinion it's pricy (sixty bucks for two inc. tip), the filet was a small 6 ounces and wasn't that good for the price.

This is still like a typical casual dining, grilled food restaurant of which you can find many cheaper eaters, and I would rather choose another steakhouse even ten years later and why I wouldn't go back.

3  Thank Tabzenator
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Don't order wine or a ribeye steak at this restaurant! Wine portions are very small for the price, and when I tasted it, something wasn't right. The ribeye steak was very thin, and when requested medium rare, it was delivered well done. Salad and baked sweet potato were good, at least. The waiter was very accommodating - he took my wine back and brought me a beer instead, but then when the check came both were on it. Good thing the locals like this restaurant, I will not return.

4  Thank Vicky M

We apologize that you were not happy with you experience and wish that we could make this up to you. We will be reviewing this with our Team.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

The food is good, the service is par, nothing exceptional, seems to be kids trying to earn a little extra money by bringing your food to the table and expection a big tip. Would rather spend a little more and go a nicer place, or save more money and cook a good steak at home.

3  Thank Gitzie

Been to Hoffbrau Steak & Grill House? Share your experiences!