“Not Great”

Granbury City Beach
Ranked #5 of 44 things to do in Granbury
More attraction details
Owner description: New, white sandy beach with Tiki huts, pavilion and children's water features located adjacent to the new Granbury Resort Conference Center & Boardwalk.
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

I live in Granbury and we avoid this beach. It used to be nice, but people don't take pride here. They leave garbage, diapers, etc lying around. Their kids throw garbage in the lake. We've found tons of broken glass, boards with nails, and even syringes. There are always tons of dead fish floating around. I do not recommend this beach.

1  Thank Jasmine T

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Fun spot. Free. Kids have lots of fun. This was our second trip. We liked staying at the Hilton that's within walking distance.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Granbury has a city beach right off business 377. Great snack bar. Tiki huts and a larger pavilion you can reserve. Nice restrooms as well. Come for the day.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

I have to chuckle a bit when they call this an attraction; but it popped up that way as a suggested place to review when I reviewed a nearby restaurant. This "beach" is adjacent to the Hilton Garden Inn and the Convention Center so I see it often. It is an area on Lake Granbury where they brought in sand and made a beach. Not quite what I would call a beach; but I guess when your in the middle of a state as big as Texas and the closest real beach is probably a 4 hour drive or more, you will take what you can get... No waves ;)

Reviewed 23 June 2017

It was an enjoyable beach. The beach was well maintained. It is definitely geared toward families with children.