“Very nice Motel 6----will stay again!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Motel 6 Giddings, TX
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Giddings
Reviewed 13 October 2016

Me and four colleagues stayed at this motel for 3 months during summer 2016. The new owners were very friendly and accommodating. Jay, the owner was very diligent making this motel nice. I won't be surprised if it turns out to be one of the best Motel 6's in Texas. Along with fresh paint inside and out, he installed new laminate flooring, new sofas, and granite countertops in bathroom. The pool was always sparkling and clean. I travel a lot and have stayed in many, many motels and hotels. I carry my own mat pad and towels and because of this, I felt I was in an upscale motel. Eventually, I'm sure he will update his towels and mat pads (the only 2 things that weren't a 5 of 5 rating). The water pressure in shower was great and there was ample space for clothing. The HVAC was nice and cold, and that's a big plus in the Texas summers. I've never seen an owner work so hard to update and accommodate his customers. If I am ever, even close to Giddings, this is where I will stay! Thanks Jay for making our stay very comfortable and for what you've done with the place.

Room Tip: Photos on here are old and WRONG-will add a pic later. Nice fresh white and blue paint now.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank mitchlo

Reviewed 30 March 2015

Crackhead in the front lobby. The sheets were not washed and covered in pubic hair. Better yet stay in another town altogether. Walmart is like stepping into a time warp. Everyone in the town is rude and I was almost kidnapped coming out of the los patrones mexican restaurant close to this motel.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank wiseonehappyone
Reviewed 21 December 2014

In their defense they looked like they were remodeling. The room was half way decent. Smelled like fresh paint. We bought a candle to cover the smell. The carpet was horrible...looked like an oil change had been done on it. We bought slippers from Walmart & told the kids to not take them off while in the room. The bathroom was clean thank god. The beds were double size beds...really? Who does that size any more? We are not anorexic size people so that was most uncomfortable. The kids were comfortable but the adults so were not. The sheets were clean...threadbare but clean. We always bring extra blankets so we used those for pillows since the ones provided were so flat it was like sleeping on nothing. Our room was at the back end of the hotel. Didn't know it was going to have a flood light that lit up the room like the noon day sun right outside the door. I noticed a lot of the tennant's were smokers so there was a constant smell of smoke when we walked out the door. Really? I understand the need for a cigarette being an ex smoker but for the love of god don't do it in your room. We didn't do the breakfast since it didn't look like they were offering anything and there were restaurants that were state inspected to set my mind at ease.

• Stayed: December 2014
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Don't stay here!!! I don't even think they change the bedding. There was something on the walls and blood on the mattress. I don't even know what to think about this place since the new owners took over.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Eric C
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Horrible and nasty place to stay! Sheets had hair all over them. The sheets weren't even fitted sheets. It was a flat sheet layer down. Pillows had stains all over them. We asked for more towels and never got. Very horrible place.

• Stayed: April 2014

Been to Motel 6 Giddings, TX? Share your experiences!