Candlewood Suites Georgetown(Georgetown)(Great Value!)
USD 136
Comfort Suites(Georgetown)(Great Value!)
USD 141
USD 131
ComfortSuites
Best Western Plus Georgetown Inn & Suites(Georgetown)(Great Value!)
USD 109
USD 106
Georgetown Inn(Georgetown)
USD 61
USD 58
Motel 6 Georgetown, TX(Georgetown)(Great Value!)
USD 66
Econo Lodge(Georgetown)
USD 66
Hotwire.com
USD 69
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgracious hostssouthwestern universitygeorgetown squaredeeguestsaccommodations
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

The home was the best thing about this place. It's beautiful and the accommodations were excellent. We felt uncomfortable with interacting with the host. The formal breakfast was a bit awkward. They accomodated food allergies and asked specifically upon arrival which was appreciated. The rooms do not lock when leaving the establishment. This was quite bothersome for me as I had valuables that I felt I had to take with me and keep in my vehicle while shopping. We will try another place when we come back to this lovely town.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Quietmanwife
Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

My husband and I plus 4 couples stayed at the SAN Gabriel House in December as a Christmas getaway. The house is very lovely. Beautiful furnishings, very well taken care of and nice breakfast. As a group, we took all 5 rooms upstairs. There is a great sitting area upstairs so it made it very comfortable for our group. The owners allowed us to bring in snacks and drinks. There was a microwave and fridge for us to use, also. It was dressed with pretty Christmas decorations downstairs. Was alittle disappointed there were no Christmas decorations upstairs at all since that is where hung out and had our Christmas party. We enjoyed going into town shopping and eating at the great restaurants. We all had a great time at the SAN Gabriel. Would have been nice if the owners would have shared alittle more history of the house as we all love the old homes we stay in and enjoy learning about them. I definitely give this B&B a 5 star rating because the home is so beautiful and furnished so lovely.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol S
Reviewed 8 January 2016

This is a tremendously sturdy house, and rather lovely, built in c.1903. It's been extremely well appointed with furniture and with fittings throughout the several public rooms and the en-suite bedrooms. Its position is right across the leafy street from the university. You can sit out on the porch and survey the scene either upstairs or down. My main quibble with the latter is that the garden furniture cushions on that porch were absolutely filthy when I was there. Completely at odds with the scrupulous cleanliness of everything else.

I stayed two nights, and wasn't paying the bill, so I can't judge it on value for money. My only other complaint was the bizarre waywardness of the breakfast and its service. Because I'm British, it was assumed i'd want "a cup o' tea" - which I did - but being British, I didn't want to be given a mug instead of a cup, and I didn't want to be offered a teapot of merely hot water and a huge box of choices of kinds of teabag. As I'm always having to explain to all non-Brits, tea has to be made by putting the tea into the empty pot and then pouring BOILING WATER into it. And in a place as upscale as this B&B, it shouldn't be drunk from a mug. Beyond the tea choice(s), there was no choice at all. I was presented with a fruit compote, which was ok, but when I asked for a glass of orange juice - not, surely, an unusual breakfast component - Mine Host came back with the smallest glass of it you've ever seen...in a small crystal sherry glass. No choice with the cooked course either - which included what was claimed to be French Toast (surely not home-made); when I was asked if I'd like anything else and I asked for toast, he expressed surprise, pointing out that there had been a form of toast with the eggs and mushrooms. Not the same thing at all. So I was given a very small quantity of toast. On the second morning, the tiny glass of orange juice was there waiting for me, and the minimal toast too. This time the cooked course was a very odd kind of cake-like omelette, presented with a smooth, somewhat patronising "I'm sure you'll love this." Don't say that! - you don't know me; you know nothing about me. One way and another, then, there was a certain tension surrounding the breakfasting, which is not what you want for a meal that ought to be among life's real pleasures.

That said, everything else was better than it needed to be and I was glad to have been booked in there rather than to an anonymous hotel.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
6  Thank Michael G
Reviewed 26 March 2015

San Gabriel house was a really good stay. Very quiet room, we were there on a Saturday and Sunday evening and on Saturday it was full. Hardly knew there was anyone else there! Nice sitting rooms and I loved the library. 3 time choices for breakfast which was served elegantly, yet informally for us. Hot and tasty, too!! Wifi was decent and the location was good for getting around. The view across the street from the front porch was pretty and relaxing. I would certainly stay there again.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank Marylou R
Reviewed 17 January 2015 via mobile

We visited Georgetown for our 11th wedding anniversary, and chose San Gabriel house for its beautiful historical charm. This was our first bed and breakfast experience, and we would definitely repeat it! It is situated across from a beautiful historical church only blocks from the beautiful town square. The house itself is gorgeous, with tons of woodwork, period furniture, and modern comfort. The bed was super comfortable and the food every morning was delicious. I have been attempting to replicate some of it myself here at home. Neil and Dee were friendly and helpful. Only two things caused me to give this a four star rating rather than 5. The house does need some repairs, with some wood rot on the outside and water damage on the ceiling of our room. It didn't bother us much, but it might bother someone. Also, there was no way to lock our room when we went out and only a chain to lock the door from the inside. I don't know if this is customary for bed and breakfasts, but it seemed a little inconvenient to us. That said, we just didn't leave anything valuable in the room and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple