“Best place in town for a date night”
Review of The Knife and Cork

The Knife and Cork
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Gatesville
Price range: USD 5 - USD 24
Description: The Knife and Cork is a neighborhood gastropub, a relaxed and friendly environment where boldly flavored, thoughtfully sourced food and drinks bring friends and family together. The seasonal menu reflects both local and global inspirations through a vast modern American pub menu selection. This unique, contemporary fare is paired with distinctive offerings of wine, craft beers, and cocktails.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We wanted to go out for our anniversary but wanted something a bit more adult. You can't beat the Knife & Cork. Peaceful atmosphere, super friendly staff and the food is absolutely amazing. I had the chicken fried ribeye steak. I've never seen anything so big, ended up bringing 2/3 of it home. My husband ordered the pecan crusted chicken breasts. Again, large portions and really good. They even gave us a complimentary desert to celebrate our anniversary. I think I could have been happy with just the flat bread appetizer.
If you want someplace to go for a nice dinner, good drinks and a more adult atmosphere, this is the place.

Gina S, Owner at The Knife and Cork, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for giving us a chance on such a special day! So glad you enjoyed everything as much as we enjoyed having you!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

This is the only restaurant of its kind in Central Texas. It is more like something you would find in a larger city with its high gloss high top tables and eclectic atmosphere. Servers are extremely friendly, wait time is minimum before your food is served and portion sizes are huge. My dinner made three meals for me and was absolutely delicious. My husband ordered something different than I did and his was terrific too. Have eaten here several times and have never gotten a bad meal. So fortunate to have this restaurant within driving distance!

Gina S, Owner at The Knife and Cork, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review! You both are just a joy to get to serve!

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We stopped with no expectations for dinner. Such a great night that Knife and Cork will be a regular dining place for us. The staff was friendly and went above and beyond to make sure we had a good meal. The Knife and Cork Pork was excellent. Mac and cheese was smoky perfection. My husband almost licked the plate with his Cappuccino Mousse Pie. Highly recommend!

Gina S, Owner at The Knife and Cork, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

I’m so glad that enjoyed your experience. Thank yuh for taking the time to review!

Reviewed 23 March 2018

My husband and I love the Knife and Cork. We each have our favorite menu items, but everything we have tried is delicious!

So glad! Thank you for the support!

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Awesome food and friendly service. Love the menu and daily specials. The Reuben egg rolls, beer cheese soup and ribeye are some of my favorites.

Gina S, Owner at The Knife and Cork, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Thank you for the review Stephanie! I’m equally partial to those darn egg rolls!