Beachcomber Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
USD 91*
USD 158*
USD 138*
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
USD 98*
Very Good 4/5
Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21(Galveston)(Great Value!)
USD 144*
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Galveston Island Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
USD 105*
USD 97*
USD 154*
Very Good 4/5
Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center(Galveston)(Great Value!)
USD 286*
USD 125*
USD 112*
  • Beachfront
USD 165*
  • Restaurant
The San Luis Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
USD 210*
USD 203*
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsroom was cleanplace to sleepwatch tvflat screen tvmini fridgefree breakfastoff seasonseawall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

I booked this room after looking at the pictures shown on booking.com. One of the pictures showed a balcony with an ocean view. There is no view.
Also booked a room for two adults and a 10 year old child. There was only one bed.
There was black hair on the sheets when I turned down the bed. There was also hair on the clean towels. The faucet in the tub has a constant drip.
We had originally booked 3 nights. We stayed one. Disappointed.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank playnmusic
Reviewed 27 July 2017

The internet is horrible, for me, it is a very big flaw to this hotel. If they can make the internet faster, I would recommend this place. Overall, the hotel is not bad. If you are not bothered with the internet issue, this place is ok for you.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2017

I had reservation for this week 6-21 through 6-24 for a family fun at the beach. We were looking forward to this for a while now. I have been watching The weather for a few weeks, and I see that the rain is not going to stop it shows thunder storms all week. I called to cancel our trip due to weather, I would not of cancel this for any other reason. If I am going to have to sit in a hotel room all weekend I would just rather do that at home with my husband and 3 year old daughter. When I call early this am, the woman that answer the phone was pretty rude. I asked that they waive the cancellation fee due to weather, She told me she would have to ask her boss, she put me on hold for about 5 minutes and when she got back on the phone she that her boss said that there are way to many cancellation and that it is only going to rain one day. I asked her to pull up the weather and she will see thunder storms all week. She hung up on me. What type of place is this. I would not recommend this place to anyone. I hope you read this and stay away.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jager2424
PWolbach, Manager at Beachcomber Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

I do not have all the information of your reservation due to not having your name but I can surmise that this was made through a 3rd party (internet) in which case cancellation and or changes must be made through the same booking channel and not directly with us.

The weather forecast is often overstated. Rain last night was a drizzle and some heavy rain in the early morning hours. The sun will be out Thursday 6/22 in the afternoon. I am sorry for this inconvenience, but our cancellation policy is 48 hours.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

Housekeeper has an attitude. She wanted to clean our rooms at 9am. We had to have it done in the afternoon, as I was staying in the handicap room and my night time medicine works till noon. She said she would do it this time but after this it has to be at 9. We waited an hour while the kids were ready to go to the beach. She finally came in heading to the bathroom. I told her we didn't need that done. Just change one bed and we need towels. She was still in the bathroom, my daughter went and talked to the office. It was put to afternoon. Come Thursday we asked her to vacuum. The kids got chips on the floor. After we left they took 57.50 out of my account. They said for cleaning. And 42.50 for having a pet. We had NO pet. AND we left the room clean. They said they had to wash the carpet. Only thing on it was I spilled some milk. Be careful if you go there. They want me to pay for somebody else's dog.

Room Tip: Sometimes WiFi worked and sometimes not.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
PWolbach, Manager at Beachcomber Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Dear Guest;

I apologize for your inconvenience. Housekeeping hours are 10am until their daily rooms list is completed. If you were disturbed prior to this time, I am sorry. I will take this up with our Head Housekeeper and review our policies.

Thank You for your comment.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

It place to sleep and watch tv..Beside seen/hearing someone arguing loudly with someone to have gun a few rooms away for us..(yes the police were called) it was okay hotel. for the price it good place to sleep and very close to beach... Its with walking distance of the beach... the free breakfast is just okay nothing to write home about...

Room Tip: cheap rooms
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple