All reviewsfull kitchenwasher and dryerliving roomdeep jetted tubseparate showertime shareone bedroom unitpool areashuffle boardbasketball courtsleeper sofabeach accessice makerlarge balconyfirst floorking bedgalveston beach
Reviewed 22 June 2018

To my knowledge, there are not many hotels that are on the beach along the water in Galveston, but this is one of them. The hotel is on stilts so check in is on the 2nd floor, and the corridors are wide so there is plenty of room to move stuff down the halls to your room. The pool is nice and there is a walk way that leads directly to the beach. We felt extremely safe, and it was very peaceful on our little strip of beach. The rooms have an odd shape/layout, almost like it was a set of condos before coming to the hotel, but it is pretty much a full functioning apartment, balcony, kitchen, living/dining area and bedroom. Staff was nice and checkin/checkout was very easy.

Room Tip: Get a Gulf View Room
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

This resort is at a prime location right on the beach in Galveston Texas. I had a view of the ocean from every window. Wow!! We had a balcony door in each bed room and the living room. It was so nice we stayed on the balcony for hours each night watching the ships. I would definitely recommend this place.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Our room was quite large with a kitchen so we were able to eat in the room for most of our meals. It’s right on the beach and the pool is great. I really like the location as well. I highly recommend this place.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2018

We reserved a 2br lock out. My husband and I were traveling to spend time with his parents, ages 85 and 80, who were coming from Beaumont to spend a couple of days with us.
Three days before we were scheduled to arrive, I called the property to advise of a possible late arrival. While I was on the phone with Shelley, I requested to be placed on a high floor if possible, and to request a unit with a view of some sort, as being from Illinois, I don't get a gulf view often. I also said that if we can't get a gulf view, perhaps a unit where the beautiful red Texas sunsets are visible would be good as well. Because of having older people with us, I asked for something away from the elevator, if possible. I let Shelley know I didn't expect to get everything I requested, but would appreciate whatever she was able to work out. She assured me she would "see what she could do."
Arrived Saturday night to be assigned unit W12, a unit in a corner on the first floor right next to the pool. The pool, open until 10pm, was chock full of screaming children and teenagers jumping in right in front of the no diving signs and no parents in sight.
The women staffing the front desk said they had nothing else available and that maybe when others checked out the following day, we could be moved. That was a non-solution for us, as my in-laws had a considerable number of medical devices and other things with them, and I would be cooking breakfast for them in the morning. So, our assigned unit would have to do.
Because of the location right next to the pool and walkway to the beach, we couldn't open the curtains and blinds without being in a fishbowl and gaped at by a constant parade of people. The gulf wasn't visible from our unit, only a slice visible when we were on our patio. Being on our patio was misery with the screaming children in the pool. The total lack of consideration or basic human compassion from the staff, when I explained as best I could, what I would like, and then tried to explain how burdensome it would be to move my in-laws, echoed previous reviews which I poo-pooed at written by people with unrealistic expectations.
Now, on to the unit. It was clean. The furniture was comfortable. We had plenty of dishes, pillows, towels, etc. If I could ask for one item, it would be a non-stick frying pan. This is the second Holiday Inn Club property I stayed at which didn't provide one.
The unit's layout was PERFECT for traveling with family members who need privacy. The A unit was a spacious one bedroom, the B unit, separated from the A unit by a short hallway with the washer/dryer stack, was not a studio, but a smaller one bedroom with a kitchenette. Colors were neutral and pleasing. Soundproofing was not so great, as we could hear some pool noise, and what sounded like moving furniture every night from the unit above.
Once the in-laws left, we had a pool day with a friend's daughter and her children. Here is where the unit's location was convenient; when the kids wanted to run in to potty or grab a snack or drink. Except for this one afternoon though, this unit was NOT a great one for us. It would be great for a family with several children.
The pool needs to be drained and given a good scrubbing, there is grime on the tiles.
There's no restaurant on site, Mario's, a local pizza delivery place, was mediocre.
As an owner, I would request that Holiday Inn Club vacations spend time training this property's staff on customer service. I've stayed at 3 other properties in the past few years and have never felt "dismissed" when making a request before.
For those reading this review, I welcome you to read other reviews of mine so you can see I'm not too hard to please. Clean, comfortable, quiet are my priorities. This experience was a disappointment.

Room Tip: The 2br lock offs are great for families traveling together
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
HIClubCounselor, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

So sorry to hear about the confusion and frustration surrounding your recent stay at our Galveston Beach Resort! It's always our intention for our guests and owners to feel comfortable and receive outstanding service when with us. We regret the shortcomings you experienced during your vacation.

We have sent you a private message in hopes of addressing your concerns more personally. Thank you for sharing your comments.

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

We almost exclusively stay at this hotel but we’re now questioning going back. During check in, we were asked to go to a separate counter to get our parking pass. No problem. While getting it, the woman at the counter asked us where we planned on going and if we were interested in discount tickets. She spent quite a bit of time telling us the cost and I thought it was a perk of staying at that particular hotel. Then she says we just need to sit through a presentation for an hour and a half. Ugh. We said no thanks and she kept going on and on until we told her we were exhausted from the trip and needed to go get settled in our room. She seemed annoyed but understood.
The next morning, we got a phone call from a man who wanted to know what time we planned to go to the presentation. We said we didn’t plan on going because we weren’t interested and wanted to enjoy our short vacation. He kept on and on. I told him I would talk with my husband and call him back if we were Interested (I was desperate to get him off the phone) and he said no- that he would hold while I spoke to my husband. I finally handed my husband the phone and he told him again that we weren’t interested. The man finally hung up on us. Such an uncomfortable experience.
The room itself is nice as always but it was extraordinarily loud (grinding noises, clanking, clicking). I felt like I needed to go sit outside to escape the sounds. The noises were centered around the bathroom and the little area in front of the bathroom and bedroom. It was constant. We didn’t get a lot of rest but the beach was gorgeous so we stayed outside as much as possible.
I will miss how welcoming and calming the hotel used to be and explore the other accommodations in the area in the future.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Alaska131983
HIClubCounselor, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

We're so sorry to hear you were disappointed in your most recent stay at Galveston Beach Resort. Return visits are the highest form of praise for us.

Our tour representatives have a passion for what they do in helping guests understand the benefits of Club Membership, but we never want that passion to translate into negative pressure. We’re sorry to learn of your unpleasant encounters. Your feedback is very much appreciated, and we hope you'll come to visit again soon, where we can look to restore your confidence in the outstanding service and hospitality you've come to expect from us. Thank you for sharing your comments.