All reviews marriott courtyard west end across the street full kitchen kitchen area free breakfast small kitchen yogurt seawall blvd waffle maker parking garage nice breakfast partial ocean view would definitely stay here again nice pool front desk person sea wall
Reviewed 22 August 2018

The hotel is average and the room wasn't ready when we arrived and still not ready after the time of check in which was a bummer but all after that was fine. The pool is very nice but often didn't have towels down there so had to get the front desk to put more out. Note the pool is shared with the Courtyard. The beach is across the street but very rocky so you will have to drive to another area if you chose to use the beach. Overall not a bad hotel and the pool was great for the kids.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Thomas S, Manager at TownePlace Suites Galveston Island, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, and we appreciate any and all feedback.

I do apologize the room wasn't ready when you checked in, that is absolutely unacceptable. I will be sharing your review with our Housekeeping department to let them know about our guests' expectations. I'm glad the rest of your time down here went well. We thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 15 August 2018

Good Property for family vacation. There is free breakfast with a lot of variety. The staff was nice especially Mark at the front desk. The hotel is close to beach and popular indoor attractions. The pool is great but the funiture was very dirty so you may need to bring a towel to sit on.

The TV and WiFi worked well. Parking was great. Good value stay!

Room Tip: Go early for breakfast to avoid crowd
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of the hotel. Marc is fantastic, he will be happy to hear you mentioned him! I will mention the pool furniture to our maintenance department so we can definitely improve on the cleanliness.

We're glad everything went well for you down on the island, and we hope to see you again soon. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Stayed for two nights, had issues from check in to check out. Room was cleaned but no towels were left, empty tissue box wasn't replaced. Had to go to front desk and get my own supplies. Pool area was nice but no pool towels were available. Overall not a good stay at all.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PNG81
Thomas S, Manager at TownePlace Suites Galveston Island, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so sorry Housekeeping didn't replenish those supplies for you. That is completely unacceptable. I am sharing your review with the Housekeeping department today so they can better understand your basic needs throughout your stay.

Thank you for staying with us, and I hope you return to give us the chance to improve on your next visit.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

We took our grandkids to Galveston to seeing the beach and the big ships they have never see any of them they had fun. The hotel was super and the staff were great the kids love the pool and the breakfast was always good. hot or cool

Room Tip: We books a two bed room suite
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Thomas S, Manager at TownePlace Suites Galveston Island, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your candid feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

I'm so glad you & the grandkids enjoyed your time at the hotel and in Galveston!

We hope to see you again next summer!!

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

We are loyal Marriott customers and have recently started staying at TownePlace Suites but this one was a big disappointment. The hotel just seemed musty. When the cleaning crew came we would have to call down and request toiletries like soap and shampoo. If the bottles are empty they should be replaced. Several evenings we came in to find the cleaning staff only left two towels. The carpet in the public areas was stained and worn. This just isn’t up to par with other TownePlace locations. The pool was nice but by the end of our stay was super cloudy. I will say the breakfast staff was always so friendly and walked around asking everyone if they needed anything. The front desk staff was always very friendly as well. I don’t think I would stay her again until it was renovated.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Mrspitts08

Dear Valued Guest,

We greatly appreciate your loyalty to the Marriott brand, and I thank you for taking time out of your day to let us know where our shortcomings are.

I have shared this review with our Housekeeping department to ensure they know the guests' expectations and needs during their stay with us. You are absolutely right that this falls below expectations for the Marriott brand, and I will work with my team to make sure we are doing the right thing moving forward.

I hope you have a great rest of your summer, and I thank you for staying with us.

-Thomas, Assistant General Manager