All reviews fire pit sandy beach area across the street great pool starbucks coffee ocean view pool bar quiet location sofa bed business trip seawall blvd sea wall the shuttle driver would stay here again stayed nights enjoyed my stay spring break
Reviewed 18 July 2016

We took our grandkids and kiddos for a 2-night stay. Swimming pool is excellent and exactly how the website photos look. Couple of times only a few families. One of the rooms the AC wasn't cooling and They moved us immediately. Hotel parking in front and covered below hotel. Very clean. Bar opened by swimming pool at night. Definitely would stay again!

Room tip: Our rooms overlooked swimming pool which were opposite of the beach.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

This is the second time we have stayed at a Marriott and been very disappointed. The rooms at the courtyard Galveston were very small and dirty. The towels and linens were stained and the towels were very thin and overused. There were blood stains (pictures below) on the down comforter. The staff were very nice but the overall upkeep of the hotel was very disappointing.
We moved after 2 nights to another hotel.
5 months ago we stayed in the Tulsa Marriott and had a mouse in our room. It too was under kept and dirty. I have come to the conclusion that Marriot courtyard means low standard of excellence . The price does not equal the quality which is that of a hotel 8, at best.

1  Thank Barbara M
Lia A, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Galveston Island, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2016

I would first like to thank you for taking the time out to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate feedback as it is an opportunity to bring our team up to the Marriott standards you have become accustomed to. Please accept our sincerest apologies as this is definitely not the impression we aim to leave with our guests. Please also know that we are using your comments as an opportunity to train and better prepare our team for situations such as these in the future. We would love to be able to host you again should your travels ever bring you back to the Galveston area.

Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

I did not hate my stay..nor did I love it. For the price I now realize I could have got a better hotel with a better location. The staff was nice. I was not happy that not only this hotel but the entire town seems to only carry Pepsi products. The pool is large and had disco lights that were a fun touch. That being said it was frustrating that the "pool side" bar was an indoor bar so to get a drink I had to leave the pool and dry myself off ( there was literally 10 signs in one spot that told me this as if one wasn't enough) before I could get a drink. Ummm... it is a "poolside" bar but I need to be dry??? So we bought one drink and never returned to the pool. Maybe have someone take drink orders at the pool.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Andrew R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Galveston Island, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2016

Thank you for your comments and I would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered at our pool bar during your stay. We will look at the policy and the signs to ensure we create a better experience for our guests. But I wanted to let you know why behind bring dry when one comes into the pool bar. It is purely a safety issue as we don't want anyone to slip on the tile. Again, thank you for your comments and suggestions. We hope you give our hotel another try when you return to Galveston.

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

Staying here was just ok. The king room has an awkward arrangement & the bed and pillows were not very comfortable. The AC was very loud and seemed like it had to run constantly to keep the room comfortable. The bed also sat up against a wall that seemed to humm with some type of electrical noise. Hallways were humid and hot.
The snacks in the lobby bar were way overpriced and not very appealing. We had a I think shrimp quesadilla and couldn't seem to find the shrimp...2 drinks and one snack was like $40.00. Staff also were friendly, but didn't seem very well trained from a service srandpoint. Can't quite describe that part well.
Positives are the really great pool shared w TownePlace and under hotel parking so the car isn't getting super hot in the summer. It is convenient to the West end of the island and a little quieter on that end of the seawall.
Normally I stay at the TownePlace behind the Courtyard. I do like this location and the complex. Would stay again, but at TownePlace.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Lia A, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Galveston Island, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2016

I would first like to thank you for taking the time out to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate feedback as it is an opportunity to bring our team up to the Marriott standards you have become accustomed to. Please accept our sincere apology that we were not able to uphold these standards during your stay. Please also know that we are using your comments as an opportunity to look into upgrading our HVAC units so that you do not experience these issues during your next visit. We would love to be able to host you again should your travels ever bring you back to the Galveston area.

Reviewed 29 June 2016

The room was clean, spacious and quiet even though we were directly across from the ice machine. My only complaint was the very, hard bed. The hotel is toward the west end of the development along the seawall and it would have been nice to be closer to the sandy beaches. Overall the hotel met or exceeded my expectations, it was just a hassle to load up the grandkids and drive everywhere.

Room tip: I would definitely ask for a room facing the ocean.
Date of stay: June 2016