“Very Good All Around”

Fisherman's Wharf
Ranked #15 of 316 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: USD 0 - USD 30
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Good Food, Good Service, Good View. Right by the Harbor House and the Cruise Dock so it is perfect for pre and post cruise Dining! A little pricey, but then so is Galveston!

Reviewed 21 May 2012

This was definitely not our first visit to Fisherman's Wharf. We always elect to sit out on their back deck over looking the piers and cruise port. A few times we have actually seen dolphins which made the experience even better.
Food is always great! This round we oysters on the half for an appetizer. These were perfect. Nothing worse than oysters that are not chucked properly or cleaned. No worries here. Our mains, I had the lobster and my husband had the Mahi. Lobster was cooked appropriately and the sides were also good. My husband thought his Mahi was excellent. Our orders came out correct and our wait was not too long. Drinks were good although a little on the weaker side this round.
Service: We have never had a complaint and this time was no different. Our server was pleasant and upbeat. Manager was walking and greeting tables ensuring service was good.
We love Fisherman's Wharf and will return.

1  Thank Aggs7584
Reviewed 21 May 2012

The food here was very good. However, I didn't really try the seafood. I had a caesar salad with chicken. My husband had some kind of fried fish with fried shrimp. He ate his whole plate. We had a very nice seat. We were outside right next to the water. It was very neat seeing the schools of fish in the ocean. I was hoping to see some dolphins. I guess they frequent the surrounding area. Would go back for sure due to view. Was so nice watching the wildlife.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

We went here for Mother's Day. It was pretty crowded but they sat us within 15 min. Normally this would be a good thing, but, the seating location was right in front of the wait staff drink service station so we spent the whole time feeling like we were in their way. The food prices were steep and we each took turns ordering from the menu (no separate lunch menu. Just a menu for all day). Each order range from 18-20 dollars a person. For this price we were expecting a salad, meal, and possibly, bread of some sort. Well, there was no salad. The food came and there was barely enough to feed anyone. I ordered the griledl shrimp and it was very dry and seemed re-heated from the microwave. My husband ordered the fried seafood platter and got 3 little pieces of seafood and a few fries and some garden vegetables. I would normally think this would be sufficient if we were paying 7-8 dollars a platter, but for 18-20 dollars, I expected alot more food and a better quality of it. Finally, no bread came with our meal. When I asked the server about this, she said bread only came if we requested it. So in other words, if I hadn't asked, they wouldn't have bothered. The only positive thing I have to say about my experience was that the server was very good.

Reviewed 12 May 2012

I come to Galveston a couple of time a year and always eat here at least once. The seafood is excellent and the location is great down at the pier. You can sit outside and watch the porpoise swim by while you enjoy the meal. Make sure the mosquitoes are not active if you are there during the summer months. The bacon wrapped shrimp stuffed with cheese are the best I have had.