All reviews moody gardens newer building free putt putt water tank mini golf course continental breakfast older part covered parking yogurt easy chair rooms are huge walking distance family hotel great place to stay small fridge leave your car cruise terminal
Reviewed 24 April 2017

While we needed to find a hotel, I was a little put out by the fact that the prices were so inflated. The same room, which the weekend prior and the weekend after 3/22 was almost $120 CHEAPER! There were two races in Galveston this past weekend, but come on...there is no good reason (other than greed) to jack the prices so high.

That being said, the room was clean. The walls and sub-floors were a little thin; someone above us came in at 2am(ish), stumbling drunk and work both my husband and I up. I had a race the next morning, so I was a little upset about being woken up.

The put-put golf was free and fun; but did not make up for the fact that the room was over $120 more than previous or future weekends.

Bad form, Inn at the Waterpark, bad form.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Katty F
Reviewed 22 April 2017

We stayed at this hotel the night before our cruise in March. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. The hotel amenity includes the free 18-hole miniature golf and the hotel is walking distance to a nice place for a quick bite. I would recommend this place because the price is reasonable. Be sure to ask for first floor rooms if you have lots of luggage.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

My daughter lives on the island so I'm there quite a bit. I usually stay on the Seawall but had to travel at the last minute on a holiday weekend, and the IAWP was the only decent thing available. I loved it so much that I've already booked it for my daughter's graduation.

The front desk was efficient and friendly. We had a room with 2 full beds. It had a separate little seating area that was a nice surprise. A mini fridge, microwave, and easy chair were nice amenities. The bed was so comfy and I got better rest than ever in a motel. Were the rooms worn? Yes, but show me a place in Galveston that isn't. It was clean.

The pool area was sufficient. The restaurant was good. Kids eat free on fridays after 4. The mini golf was great and kept my kids busy.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
INNWPGM, Manager at Inn at the Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to comment on your visit. We appreciate your feedback, and are happy to hear it is okay not to have to stay on the Seawall. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Galveston for many more visits.

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

My child and I needed a place to stay for the night so that we could enjoy Galveston, and this was it! Nice staff, well kept 18 hole mini golf course, and outdoor pool. There is a restaurant on sight that offers free kids meal with purchase of an adult meal! Yum!
Our room is alright, 2 separate areas. My only complaint is that we can see sunlight coming through the bottom of the door to our room. That concerns me for the climate in our room and privacy. I did not leave, but I did put a blanket to cover the bottom of the door frame while we slept.
I would definitely come back. Just an FYI

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank cherylf124
Reviewed 12 April 2017

It's been a few years since we stayed in this hotel. We heard it had been expanded, and improved, so we took a chance. Definite improvement over last time. Room was clean and spacious. The breakfast, on the other hand, was a real ordeal. With all of the cruise ship tenants there was no place to sit. Breakfast had no meat. Just cereal, pancakes, fruit and yogurt, with the usual beverages.

Everything being equal, I will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank informed_preacher
INNWPGM, Manager at Inn at the Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Thank you for staying with us again and taking the time to comment on you visit. We appreciate your feedback, and look forward to welcoming you back to Galveston on future trips.