“Learn of Galveston intertwined with sightings of ghosts in the Strand area.”

Ghost Tours of Galveston
Ranked #6 of 75 Tours in Galveston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Original Strand Ghost Tour:Galveston's very first public,year round walking ghost tour. Filled with history, mystery and legend. The #1 ghost tour in the state of Texas and the #2 most popular ghost tour in America! 100% fascinating! This tour meets on the steps of the Railroad Museum (25th and Strand Street) Mon-Sat. at 7:30 p.m., and on Sunday at 6 p.m.; it is also the only all-year around tour.The Secret Society Cemetery Tour:Come and uncover the hidden and buried secrets of Galveston's very own residents!Time travel with us and walk through the lives of the strange and infamous of Galveston's haunted past. Truth is stranger than fiction! This tour meets at the entrance gate of the Old City Cemetery on 43rd and Broadway Street on Sat. and Sun. at 6 p.m.. Times and days are subject to change.For any inquiries, call our information line at (409) 877-1794. The price for both tours is $15 for adults, $10 for children 10 years old and younger. No reservation required( with a limit of 100 people per tour).
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Many thousands of people take this tour and it is sad to me that reviews of it are typically done by those that are dissatisfied. Some come to the tour expecting one thing and instead enjoying it for what it is, rip it apart for what it is not. Some unfair and jaded views designed to attack the tour guides character, their clothing, or the tour ect.. It is explained at the beginning that it’s an approximate two hour tour, they have to know a lot of information and tell it in a way to keep upwards of a hundred plus people interested. They must do this in the weather that’s present that day.
I have been on the tour twice, once with Brian and once with Dash. Just as each person is different, with their own personality, the tour guides have their own styles of presenting the information. I enjoyed the tour just as much the second time as the first. I am not affiliated with the company, but I have come to like the guides as friends.

2  Thank TTROYN

Reviewed 26 November 2011

This was boring and a total ripoff. This guy leads you around a neighborhood and stops in front of vacant houses and tells boring stories about who lived there and who died there and now the kids come back as ghosts to visit. BS. In my honest opinion this man does not know who ever lived in any of these houses. I suspect he randomly picks vacant homes because the few that had occupants that he was telling stories about, he made sure to stay a good distance away. This is a ripoff and should be shutdown. Save your money and take a walk around dusk in the neighborhoods around the strand. Read up on the supposed haunted houses and go see them. Same thing, and you will save your hard earned money.

4  Thank christina p
Reviewed 1 November 2011

My husband and I went to Galveston for our 2 year wedding anniversary. Since it was so close to Halloween, we decided to take a walking ghost tour. After much research, we came across Dash Beardsley's Ghost Tours of Galveston. He has so many different tours to offer so we took the Original Ghost Tours of Galveston on the Strand. Not only did we learn about the local haunts, we learned so much about Galveston's rich and devastating history. No wonder practically the whole island is haunted! We would highly recommend anyone wanting to take a walking ghost tour, take one of Dash's tours. His presentation was so entertaining and we will definitely take another tour when we return to the island!

5  Thank Anne W
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I took this tour with my teenage children. Honestly I didnt know what to expect . I never knew how interesting Galveston's history was. It was great walking around hearing all the stories the guide told. The tour was full of history with a dark edge. I would recommend this tour to anyone that is interested in anything paranormal. My kids loved it!

4  Thank Bchbum1212
Reviewed 17 September 2011

I have been on both the Strand and the Restless Spirits tours and had Grace as my guide for both of them. I am a history geek and these tours were exactly what I was looking for in a ghost tour. There is a lot of information to fit into the 2 hours and it was absolutely fascinating. Loved it. Next time I can get a babysitter we will be going on the cemetary tours as well.

1  Thank AliceFleur