“Louisiana in Galveston”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bistro LeCroy - CLOSED

Bistro LeCroy
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Cheap Eats, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
League City, Texas
“Louisiana in Galveston”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

It's a great stop location while visiting the Strand. I like the craw fish pies and the lunch specials

3 Thank mccullor739

Hockley, Texas
“Outstanding Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2011

The food, atmosphere, staff and decor are absolutely wonderful!
Be sure to ask Tommy LeCroy for a brief history of the building and location. I have eaten here several times with friends and family never to be disappointed. Start with the rolls! If you are looking for an outstanding brunch this is the place too! Looking forward to my next meal at Bistro Le Croy.... a must do in Galveston.

• Visited November 2011
Texas
“Nice restaurant - food okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

Nice atmosphere. Food was okay. Good location on the Strand.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank TravelIntl
Texas, the Lone Star State
“Mouth-watering food, great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

After reading many good reviews about Bistro LeCroy, I finally ate there during my latest trip to Galveston. Outstanding restaurant! My only regret is that I didn't try it sooner.

Although this restaurant is downtown and therefore has no view of the beach, you will be rewarded with beautiful decor in a luxurious atmosphere. Our waiter was helpful, answered all our questions, and gave us excellent service. I ordered the coconut shrimp - a wonderful choice. The shrimp were succulent and delicately seasoned; possibly the best coconut shrimp I've ever tasted. My friends ordered sandwiches which were large, fresh, and delicious. Oh, and be sure to try their onion rings - homemade crispness, you will float away with joy.

The staff here seems to pay very close attention to every detail. The prices were reasonable, too. I will be back!

(Be forewarned, this place is closed Monday afternoons. I'm so thankful I happened to see that on their website and avoid coming that day. I would have been peeved to miss out on this great dining experience!)

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank HappyPenny
“How could this be rated 4.5 stars on Trip Advisor?????”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2011

We decided to bring a large group to Bistro LeCroy for dinner and had high expectations because of the reviews. Sadly, the food was terrible! The shrimp (our waiter recommended this) tasted and had the texture of being thawed and refrozen several times. There is NO WAY it was fresh!! The chicken and tuna tasted the same way. How can you not serve fresh seafood when you are right in the gulf? Out of the 13 people in our party, 6 of us were sick all night. Would never recommend this! We did eat here in the off season, so maybe they were feeding us the leftovers from the summer. Terrible food!!!

4 Thank Bakergirl40