All reviews hi express cinnamon rolls small balcony only stayed one night yogurt laundry room across the street king suite the rooms were nice clean hotel nice stay fishing pier great view of the gulf pool and hot tub pre cruise cruise terminal pleasure pier
Reviewed 22 March 2016

Good Location. Front desk staff was very nice and professional. Rooms were a little dated however, it was perfect place to stay before our cruise. There was enough free parking. Breakfast was the typical Holiday Inn Breakfast and it was included with the room.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galveston West - Seawall, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2016

Dear melissa874,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I am pleased to know that we were able to meet your expectations when it comes to our staff's service. Your kind comments are highly appreciated. Let us assure you that we will continuously strive for improvement in order for us to provide you with the best hotel experience possible.

Faith R

Reviewed 18 March 2016 via mobile

This is the 3rd Holiday Inn I am staying in on my USA trip and it is hands down the worst of the three Holiday Inns. The bathroom floor is "slippery" indicating it was not cleaned properly. The balcony floor is so sticky I cannot go outside barefoot. The beds had little brown things between the sheets. Looked like fluff. When we returned today at 7pm after leaving at 9 am this morning we found our room had not been cleaned and serviced. I spoke to front desk (very young girl who tried to handle the situation and got flustered). I made her phone the manager who tried to make it out that it was no issue and that he could not understand my irritation. Also when housekeeping arrived we pulled all linen from the beds and found an old sock from a previous guest between the linen. How lovely!!

This Holiday in. Will sure as hell not see me again!! It is just too dirty!!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galveston West - Seawall, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2016

Dear Lourens W,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Galveston W Seawall, TX. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 18 March 2016

We drove to Galveston for a cruse and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. The rooms were very nice, king bed was wonderful and check in was ok but she could have smiled when we arrived. She did her job but not overly friendly, maybe I'm used to my own home state?

Room Tip: We asked for a corner room and higher floor.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 March 2016 via mobile

My dad and I needed an overnight stay until we boarded our cruise. This Holiday Inn was such a pleasure from the moment we walked in the door. We where greeted immediately and checked in with great speed. Since we had never been to Texas we where unsure about transport to the port. They made arrangements with reservations for the next morning. When the time came, Ed the concierge, went over and beyond to make sure we got an earlier time so we could start are vacation quickly and comfortably. Also, we had the breakfast Buffett which was outstanding. Fruit was fresh and plentiful. Thank you for a wonderful experience for our first visit to Texas!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

A place to stay and park when heading out to cruise. The breakfast had a pretty good selection. The people were nice.
The rooms were not that clean. My nephew was woken up in the night by a cockroach crawling on his neck. The person my brother talked to about it finally gave them a discount on their room. I think we would look around for a different hotel next time.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie F
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galveston West - Seawall, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2016

Dear Julie F,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I am pleased you liked the location, breakfast selections and regarded our staff to be nice. However, please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations with regards to room cleanliness which was unacceptable. We take all reviews very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

We would love to have you again and hopefully you’ll see the improvements made.

Dianne L.