See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 July 2016

Got a king size room 7-9-16. Ac was on for us which was good because it was very hot. Got in and started opening all drawers; this is our routine to check for surprises. And sure enough there were a few crawling surprises. I did not know about the "No refunds after 15 minutes" sign, so i didn't rush back down. Me and my wife probably made a few jokes about how nasty it was and continued checking rest of room. So when I go down to front desk I tell Armando we need some "RAID" for the roaches. I was joking but he really handed me a can of raid. Went back to room and sprayed it down. Now it smells like a chemical factory so we go walk on beach for awhile. Come back and they are still there. Found one on bed and that was it. Talked to Armando again. No discounts or refunds of any kind. So we asked for another room. We got keys to go look at our other room to which it felt like hades it was so hot. Turns out ac did not work. Talked to Armando again. He said to talk to manager in the morning. We spent a sleepless night in original room needless to say. Talked to manager Emily next morning who stated Armando handled situation wrong but says she still isn't authorized to give discount. Sorry but my wife is a manager, and that's one thing they ARE authorized to do. So we got some pictures of 2 different rooms and a recommendation: there are guard towers on the beach in front of this "roach motel". I've talked to people that were sleeping in there. And I don't think they had roaches. Just saying....

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stephen M
Reviewed 19 May 2016

This is the place to avoid at all costs! Where the smoke detector was supposed to be were just wires coming from the wall. The toilet seat did not fit the toilet. There looked like gun shot holes in one wall. The room smelled. Thank goodness I didn't see any creepy crawlies but others staying there did. The pool had broken chairs around it. It was the epitome of the "No Tell Hotel", sleazy and dirty looking. Why did we stay there? It was the night before our cruise and our original al hotel was quite a distance from restaurants and this was closer to the action and nicer looking places in the area were booked. We figured we could endure for one night but it was disgusting and I would advise all to stay clear of this dump!

Room Tip: If unsure of facility, ask to see a room before registering.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2016 via mobile

"No refunds after 10 minutes of check-in." First room had no electricity and the toilet didn't flush. Carpet was soggy. Smelled like very strong cleaner but it wasn't clean. Second room smelled like mold and had a cockroach the size of a mouse in the bathroom. Cement walls and floors, reminded us of a state park restroom only it wasn't as clean. Left immediately and were told we'd have a refund, but 3 weeks later had to dispute with our credit card company to get a credit, as no refund was ever issued. Absolutely cannot believe they're still in business as this was the worst motel we've ever experienced!!!!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2015

At least most of the bugs were dead and the urine dry. The smell almost made me puke. I turned around and walked right back to the lobby and was refused a refund. They have a ten minute policy on refunds. Listen, no sober person could stay in this room for ten minutes. I was there less than a minute and still had to get my bank to file fraud charges against them to get my money back. I have been around the world, and this by far is the worst hotel I have ever seen. Check in at your own risk.

Room Tip: Never ever stay at this flea bag, cat urine stained, dump of a hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 October 2015 via mobile

Not sure how this place is still in business, but it definitely doesn't seem like it should be. The guy at the front desk was even asking us if we had looked elsewhere because of the condition of the motel. We have been in a bunch of different hotels on the seawall and haven't had a really bad room until this.

The first thing we noticed was the smell of the room. Not sure what it was, but it smelled moldy or something. The a/c wasn't that cold. Then we found was that the sheets had stains and the comforter had a blood stain on it. The bathroom was like an outdoor public restroom. It just felt and looked dirty, not to mention the roaches crawling around the shower! Our smoke alarm was messed up, the lampshades were old and worn, stains all over the place. It was just an overall mess that was definitely not worth $120 for the night.

Don't these kind of places have to pass some sort of inspection? It's a good thing my mother in law got a room somewhere else, I did not want my children to sleep there, so they went with her. We won't be wasting our time back there the next time we're in town.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family