Mariner Inn
USD 237
Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21(Galveston)(Great Value!)
USD 175
  • Breakfast included
USD 217
USD 185
HolidayInn.com
  • Beachfront
The San Luis Resort(Galveston)
USD 427
USD 340
Hilton Galveston Island Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
USD 295
Hilton.com
Candlewood Suites Galveston(Galveston)(Great Value!)
USD 115
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 147/night.

USD 211
USD 183
Orbitz.com
USD 378
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
SpringHill Suites Galveston Island(Galveston)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 May 2016

This is the place to avoid at all costs! Where the smoke detector was supposed to be were just wires coming from the wall. The toilet seat did not fit the toilet. There looked like gun shot holes in one wall. The room smelled. Thank goodness I didn't see any creepy crawlies but others staying there did. The pool had broken chairs around it. It was the epitome of the "No Tell Hotel", sleazy and dirty looking. Why did we stay there? It was the night before our cruise and our original al hotel was quite a distance from restaurants and this was closer to the action and nicer looking places in the area were booked. We figured we could endure for one night but it was disgusting and I would advise all to stay clear of this dump!

Room Tip: If unsure of facility, ask to see a room before registering.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2016 via mobile

"No refunds after 10 minutes of check-in." First room had no electricity and the toilet didn't flush. Carpet was soggy. Smelled like very strong cleaner but it wasn't clean. Second room smelled like mold and had a cockroach the size of a mouse in the bathroom. Cement walls and floors, reminded us of a state park restroom only it wasn't as clean. Left immediately and were told we'd have a refund, but 3 weeks later had to dispute with our credit card company to get a credit, as no refund was ever issued. Absolutely cannot believe they're still in business as this was the worst motel we've ever experienced!!!!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2015

At least most of the bugs were dead and the urine dry. The smell almost made me puke. I turned around and walked right back to the lobby and was refused a refund. They have a ten minute policy on refunds. Listen, no sober person could stay in this room for ten minutes. I was there less than a minute and still had to get my bank to file fraud charges against them to get my money back. I have been around the world, and this by far is the worst hotel I have ever seen. Check in at your own risk.

Room Tip: Never ever stay at this flea bag, cat urine stained, dump of a hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 October 2015 via mobile

Not sure how this place is still in business, but it definitely doesn't seem like it should be. The guy at the front desk was even asking us if we had looked elsewhere because of the condition of the motel. We have been in a bunch of different hotels on the seawall and haven't had a really bad room until this.

The first thing we noticed was the smell of the room. Not sure what it was, but it smelled moldy or something. The a/c wasn't that cold. Then we found was that the sheets had stains and the comforter had a blood stain on it. The bathroom was like an outdoor public restroom. It just felt and looked dirty, not to mention the roaches crawling around the shower! Our smoke alarm was messed up, the lampshades were old and worn, stains all over the place. It was just an overall mess that was definitely not worth $120 for the night.

Don't these kind of places have to pass some sort of inspection? It's a good thing my mother in law got a room somewhere else, I did not want my children to sleep there, so they went with her. We won't be wasting our time back there the next time we're in town.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank KJ_bingham
Reviewed 19 July 2015 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had planned to camp on the beach but it was uncomfortably hot, so in a rush we grabbed the first drive up we saw, thinking it would be cheap. Wrong. So wrong. The final bill was $206. For ONE NIGHT. I know I was lucky to get a room, but this isn't even a $50 room- doesn't matter if there's an ocean view. We travel a lot, I know what's out there, and this is just.... unethical. When she charged me, I honestly thought it was for 2 nights, and I was pretty ok with 100/night at the last minute with this beach access... by the time I figured it out it was too late.

True, the a/c is freezing so that's nice, but the carpets are oddly soggy and the bathroom looks about like the ones in the state parks. Bugs included. Fine for a camping experience but not for $200.

Deadbolt doesn't work and curtains don't completely close. Shower curtain is plastic. Lampshade has holes. One accessible outlet for device charging. Once again, NOT FOR $200.

Starting at about 7 pm a really loud, screaming bunch of young children were running up and down the stairs and around the rooms.... I finally had to say something, their parents didn't speak any English so it's lucky I speak Spanish I guess. I'm not against playing and fun- but the beach is literally right across the street, and there's a pool. These kids were out of control.

We're currently being treated to a symphony of caucophanous car alarms.

I'm a national traveller. I've stayed all kinds of sketchy places over the years. This is just another one. There will be others. But I can absolutely guarantee you, none of them will charge me the INSANE amount this woman did.

Buyer, beware. The price may have been negotiable, I never tried.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple