Mariner Inn
SpringHill Suites Galveston Island(Galveston)(Great Value!)
USD 131
USD 237
USD 312
USD 279
  • Pool
Hilton Galveston Island Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
USD 295
Hilton.com
Hampton Inn & Suites Galveston(Galveston)(Great Value!)
USD 179
USD 160
Hampton.com
The San Luis Resort(Galveston)
USD 348
USD 340
USD 217
USD 185
HolidayInn.com
  • Beachfront
Candlewood Suites Galveston(Galveston)(Great Value!)
USD 115
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 147/night.

USD 213
USD 183
USD 410
USD 378
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 December 2015

At least most of the bugs were dead and the urine dry. The smell almost made me puke. I turned around and walked right back to the lobby and was refused a refund. They have a ten minute policy on refunds. Listen, no sober person could stay in this room for ten minutes. I was there less than a minute and still had to get my bank to file fraud charges against them to get my money back. I have been around the world, and this by far is the worst hotel I have ever seen. Check in at your own risk.

Room Tip: Never ever stay at this flea bag, cat urine stained, dump of a hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 October 2015 via mobile

Not sure how this place is still in business, but it definitely doesn't seem like it should be. The guy at the front desk was even asking us if we had looked elsewhere because of the condition of the motel. We have been in a bunch of different hotels on the seawall and haven't had a really bad room until this.

The first thing we noticed was the smell of the room. Not sure what it was, but it smelled moldy or something. The a/c wasn't that cold. Then we found was that the sheets had stains and the comforter had a blood stain on it. The bathroom was like an outdoor public restroom. It just felt and looked dirty, not to mention the roaches crawling around the shower! Our smoke alarm was messed up, the lampshades were old and worn, stains all over the place. It was just an overall mess that was definitely not worth $120 for the night.

Don't these kind of places have to pass some sort of inspection? It's a good thing my mother in law got a room somewhere else, I did not want my children to sleep there, so they went with her. We won't be wasting our time back there the next time we're in town.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank KJ_bingham
Reviewed 19 July 2015 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had planned to camp on the beach but it was uncomfortably hot, so in a rush we grabbed the first drive up we saw, thinking it would be cheap. Wrong. So wrong. The final bill was $206. For ONE NIGHT. I know I was lucky to get a room, but this isn't even a $50 room- doesn't matter if there's an ocean view. We travel a lot, I know what's out there, and this is just.... unethical. When she charged me, I honestly thought it was for 2 nights, and I was pretty ok with 100/night at the last minute with this beach access... by the time I figured it out it was too late.

True, the a/c is freezing so that's nice, but the carpets are oddly soggy and the bathroom looks about like the ones in the state parks. Bugs included. Fine for a camping experience but not for $200.

Deadbolt doesn't work and curtains don't completely close. Shower curtain is plastic. Lampshade has holes. One accessible outlet for device charging. Once again, NOT FOR $200.

Starting at about 7 pm a really loud, screaming bunch of young children were running up and down the stairs and around the rooms.... I finally had to say something, their parents didn't speak any English so it's lucky I speak Spanish I guess. I'm not against playing and fun- but the beach is literally right across the street, and there's a pool. These kids were out of control.

We're currently being treated to a symphony of caucophanous car alarms.

I'm a national traveller. I've stayed all kinds of sketchy places over the years. This is just another one. There will be others. But I can absolutely guarantee you, none of them will charge me the INSANE amount this woman did.

Buyer, beware. The price may have been negotiable, I never tried.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank saraawright
Reviewed 14 February 2015

Our room smelt so badly of cat pee it made my eyes water. Trouble sleeping, ammonia taste in my mouth. Bathroom filthy, I could feel the slime on the bottom of the shower as I stepped in. Hotel of the dregs of society giving us dirty looks as we entered. Receptionist asked for $10 remote control deposit - I said we wouldn't watch the TV. Took the deposit anyway(?)

• Stayed: February 2015
1  Thank MaxsVillage T
Reviewed 27 December 2014

This is not a B&B but an old fashion pull up to the door motel. How it got listed as a B&B is a mystery. This is an older two story motor court type of place with great view of the water. The rooms are small but come with all you need and the staff is friendly and helpful. Beds were comfortable, TV and frige worked fine the bath could use updating. They appear to be working on renovations and updates at this time. Breakfast was mini blueberry muffins and coffee. It's a kind of kitzy and a blast from the past but for the money can't be beat.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple