Mariner Inn
Hilton Galveston Island Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
USD 287
USD 261
Hilton.com
USD 320
USD 279
  • Pool
Hampton Inn & Suites Galveston(Galveston)(Great Value!)
USD 184
USD 160
Hampton.com
USD 194
SpringHill Suites Galveston Island(Galveston)(Great Value!)
USD 149
USD 131
USD 269
USD 237
The San Luis Resort(Galveston)
USD 351
USD 340
USD 253
USD 215
HolidayInn.com
  • Beachfront
Candlewood Suites Galveston(Galveston)(Great Value!)
USD 118
USD 115
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 136/night.

USD 420
USD 378
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 May 2013

First room they gave us, we couldn't get the door open. After 30 minutes, we got into another room but by that time our 10 minutes was up. So we got charged for the night even though we didn't stay there! We fought it with our credit card and they came back stating we did stay there. Still fighting the charge. The room stunk, the shower was dirtier than a public bathroom, and where the ac was located, there was a crack where bugs could get in and the cold air escaped. My wife didn't feel safe because the door didn't shut all the way. The guy who was at the front desk when we tried to check out looked shady and agreed that it was a dump! Pretty sad when the staff says that about their place of business! DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR SAFETY!!! Only good thing was the location! But that didn't keep us from finding another place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2013
4  Thank Shasmo216
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Dirty, gave me the creeps! It is a dump! Pillows are flat. The shower floor was like walking on nails.
TV worked.wifi didn't. We were afraid parts of the ceiling would fall on us during the night. AC worked good. Must be new. Shady clientele! police had to come during the night for someone disturbing the guest. Crack in door, safety chain broken. Refrigerator frozen and racks were all rusty. we ate 3 mini blueberry muffins.
It is in a good location. They could fix it up for $100 a night on weekends.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank CatLouisiana
Reviewed 9 April 2013

This place should be condemned! We could not check in to our beach house till the next day. We had to rent 2 rooms at an outrageous price, The rooms are very dirty, air con did not work, In our kids room we found toe nail clippings in the bed, In our room it look like the toilet above us wa going to fall through the ceiling, None of us slept that night. The only reason we stayed here was because everything else was booked up, The staff were unpolite down right ghetto, WIFI doesn't work. If you are ever in our situation save your money and sleep in your car, After this adventure we pack a tent just in case! This place isn't even suitable for a homeless person. I can't understand why they have not been shut down.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Joe Deloria A
Reviewed 20 March 2013

First of all, I don't understand why people complain when they have 10 minutes to check the room out and get their full refund if they do not like it. We sign the registration card saying we acknowledge this so why act dumb later. If you don't like it, don't stay. I see complaints on here that just don't make sense to me.

I've been staying here every Spring Break for more than 10 years, and let me tell you this place has changed since Hurricane Ike. With new management came renovations as well as new carpet and mattresses. Trust me, I was very grateful for that. Now, granted this is not the Holiday Inn or a fully equipped beach house so don't come here with such expectations.

However, unlike most of those popular places, I have always brought my grill and enjoyed making bbq outside on the grounds. It feels a little bit like home here, especially with the staff.

Bottom line, it's a good place to be and at times it can be pricey, but for me it is worth every penny because it's literally in front of the beach.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Texan4you
Reviewed 21 February 2013

My family had at the last minute decided to stay one more night in Galveston. We had already checked out of our hotel that morning, so being a Saturday and late in the afternoon, it was almost impossible to find a room anywhere...everything was booked. We drove down the seawall and came across the Mariner Inn. It was no resort, but did not look too bad, but looks can be deceiving. My son in law got out to inquire about two rooms, and you cannot even walk into a lobby in the evening, it is a "drive up window". The lady working there was rude, I guess she was angry for being interrupted of playing farmville on the computer. She was clueless about anything you asked. That should have been a warning right there, along with the prominent sign stating that there are no refunds after 10 minutes in the room! WOW!! WE got two rooms at $100 a room on the upstairs facing the gulf. The view was great but once in the rooms, it was clear this would be an experience in learning!! Fridge was not working, and smelled of mildew, the tv was not working, I pulled down the bedspread(this is one of the first things i do in a hotel room) and one bed had blood stains and what looked like semen stains. The sheets obviously had not been changed. There was a dead roach on the tv stand. The bathroom was old, dingy and outdated. The toilets do not even have a lid to put down, the tile was cracking and falling off the wall in the corner, the shower curtain was stained and i was afraid to even touch it. We pulled the sheets and comforter off the bed and went down to the man in charge overnight...he got angry about the sheets, saying the previous guest had no complaints and why were we complaining, as everything else in galveston was more expensive!!! Also he stated that we had too high expectations. I don't feel that clean sheets and a bug free and clean room are too high of expectations. I had just stayed two nights earlier at Casa Del Mar suites, and I paid 99 for those suites, so this was just a joke. The breakfast consists of blueberry muffins, with 1 per guest limit!!! This place needs to be demolished. I feel that the location is the only thing keeping this dump open~

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family