“ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING”
Review of Mariner Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galveston
Mariner Inn
Ranked #9 of 11 Galveston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 July 2011

I have previously stayed at the Mariner and had nothing but excellent things to say about it for the price. My wife and I went there two nights ago, we paid for the room then went to Academy and Wal-Mart for a couple small items and to ride thru town to see the changes. Sadly the worst change I encountered was the Mariner. We were gone about four hours when we returned we entered our room to find FELINE CAT tracks on the sheets, I was shocked to say the least. When we looked closer we found hair and other debris in the bed. I called the desk for another room he informed me there were none. When I went there he then offered another room in the darkest corner of the building. I declined due to the UNSAVORY CHARACTERS roaming around there. He then offered us clean sheets to put on ourselves and again another room. By then I was tired of the games being played so I declined this as well. I requested a refund due to the lack of sanitation. After much arguing and phone calls to the manager (offsite) they returned all but $20 of my money. I will not be guilty of staying there again. It is worth the extra $40 to get a room in a nicer place. I then went to another establishment where my wife and I were treated with the utmost respect in a clean atmosphere with excellent service and a cozy room that we were able to enjoy like we would expect at home.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. I suggest Main Stay.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Country67

Reviewed 25 April 2011

1st of all, our key to the room DID NOT WORK and would not open the door, when they finally managed to BREAK IT OPEN we walk in to find about a dozen flies just flying around in this dump of a room!! 2ndly, we take our shoes off to get comfortable and began to walk around and the carpet/floor is DAMP!!!!!!!!!!! Super GROSS!!!! We wet to complain and they checked us into another room! Again, had a HARD time with the key!! Finally we get in, the carpet was not damp, there wasnt THAT MANY flies, the restroom sucks, you cant close the door or open it all the way, the ceiling is gross and moldy, the tv (big BOX) kept distorting the image!! WORST $162 I ever SPENTTTTTTTT!!! This room was not even WORTH $62!! Then to make things EVEN WORSE we forgot a bag and they claim they "DID NOT SEE ANYTHING"!!!! How can you miss a BIG PINK BAG!???? Oh and did I mention, you better have $5 CASH in your pocket to pay for your key, and when you check out they return the $5 to you, well we cheked out and returned the key and did NOT get our $5 back!! So $162+ 5 = $167 WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Claudg81
Reviewed 7 February 2011

Stayed for two weeks... hotel staff was quite polite and helpful, especially when the WIFI went out on my laptop. No cleaning people banging on your door early. Bed was big and comfortable, fridge kept my food and drink ice cold. TV up high so I didn't have to prop myself up. Nice and quiet. Near the end of the seawall, so less traffic and tourists too. Finally, nice view. Pool looked good, but too cold to swim.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 December 2010

I previously reviewed this motel for a 2009 summer visit. I attempted numerous times to book for August 2010 for 10 days and each time I called the front desk was unable to do it. One gentleman told me he'd have the owner/mngr return my call. I called approx. FOUR times. Then when I spoke with a young woman, I was told no reservations were taken in the summer, it was "rooms available on walk in basis only - NO exceptions). Needless to say, I spent my summer vacation w/the teen girls at Best Western Beachfront for LESS $$.
In October, I stayed 2 nights with a small group of friends (2 to a room). NONE of us had a clean room. Mine was the "cleanest" and saying CLEAN is an exaggeration. We had rooms that were absolutely ROACH INFESTED. When I approached the front desk, I was told the cleaning lady would "spray for bugs". She did not. We went to WalMart to purchase RAID. It didn't work. I hung my suitcase up so I wouldn't take roaches home. We spent the majority of time OUTSIDE the room.
I will NOT stay here again. Quite embarrassed that I'm the one who recommended this place for our annual girls getaway. I was simply glad to get away from the Mariner Inn.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank scrobbs
Reviewed 15 May 2010

From the moment we pulled up our hearts sunk.. We just didn't feel safe here at all. There were gangs loitering around the car-park.
The rooms were disgusting. The worst room I have ever stayed in!! Firstly blood stained sheets, filthy carpets, dirty wallpaper. It seemed everything stunk in this room.
The bathroom was awful- pubic hair in the shower and the sink was covered in filth.
We didn't take our shoes off the whole time.
I don't know how this place has not been shut down! I actually laughed when I saw the "cleaner" yes there is only one, going to make up the room.. she clearly isn't doing much work here.
The perspex "windows" on the ground floor are tacky and just made us feel even more unsafe. It really doesn't surprise that people have been robbed here, the place looks like a crackden.
It's a shame they do not allow smoking on the ground floor, as the only way this hotel could improve was if someone burned it down.
I would not recommend ANYONE to stay here.
Even though it is cheap, that is no excuse for a lack of basic cleanliness and hygiene.
The only upside is that we were only here for one night.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family