All reviews front desk every room has an ocean view definitely stay here again great hotel rooms face waffles very clean hotel breakfast room private balcony pool and hot tub seawall blvd wood floors comfortable beds stayed longer the staff was friendly and helpful sofa bed enjoyable stay
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed this hotel!!! Not only was it across the street from the beach but all of the rooms face the beach, rare on the seawall blvd. They have private balconies with two chairs so you can enjoy the view and the breeze!! The rooms are clean and large!! We had a double queen suite and it was great! Dish network with a flat HDTV, micro fridge and a microwave. There is also free wifi. There is a pool with a gazebo and a hot tub. There is free breakfast but we never ate downstairs.
This is the only place we are staying when we come back to Galveston unless we bring our dog, then we have to stay somewhere else! My kids loved being able to see the ocean from our room. This place is really nice, money well spent!!! This was an amazing stay that really made our first family vacation special.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank adrianah2
Reviewed 10 June 2018

The room size was the substantial. The balcony faces the beach on the other side of the road. The breakfast was okay, but not great. There was not as much a variety as some other hotel breakfast buffets (no bacon!).

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Everyone was great and hospitable... wish the breakfast had more to it . We appreciate the wonderful staff. Thank you for such a nice and enjoyable visit with our granddaughter . She is so special to us.....

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jan N
Reviewed 29 May 2018

Hotel room is ocean view and not beach front which means you will need to cross a busy street and go down some stairs to access beach. You will also have to bring your own beach chair and tent since it is a public beach. Hotel room is clean. Pool is not big. Shampoo and conditioner bottles are tiny. We had to ask for more. Bedding for sofa bed is not stocked in the room. Breakfast quality is very disappointing. Line for waffle station is very long. Other breakfast items run out quickly and refill is slow. Milk and juice didn't taste good. Overall, we felt it is not a good value for money (we paid over 300 dollars per night for memorial day weekend stay).

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
kay g, Manager at Best Western Plus Galveston Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

We are sorry that the hotel did not live up to your needs. As with all the hotels on Galveston Island you have to cross Seawall Blvd and go down stairs to the beach (No hotels on the beach or water). The shampoo and conditioner is the Best Western must haves the hotels do not have a choice on the products.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

We were supposed to be in Orlando in May for a theme park vacation until the Tropical storms developed in the gulf. With 8-10 inches of rain forecasted I didn't feel like spending my money watching movies in the hotel. Because I couldn't change the dates I changed locations. We ended up going to Galveston Island in Texas. The weather was beautiful, 80's, sunny and a nice 10 mph breeze every day. Being the last minute, all my usual hotels were full. This Best Western was the only one with 3 rooms for the 6 of us traveling. I usually would not touch a Best Western with a 10 foot pole but I didn't have many options. I booked it. We arrived and was pleasantly surprised to find this is a newer hotel. It has 5 floors and all rooms over look the gulf. No Partial views. We were on the 4th floor rooms 416, 417 & 418. All rooms were 2 queen beds, a nice sitting area with a couch/pull out queen, desk, nice bathroom with stand up shower and a nice balcony with 2 chairs. I was really impressed as this hotel competed with the Hyatts, Marriotts, Hampden inns etc. This also had a FREE breakfast with Eggs, Sausage, Fruit, Bagels, Muffins, make your own waffles(the shape of Texas) cereal and more. I'm a stickler for bugs so I quickly inspected all 3 rooms for bugs. NONE! The desk staff (Canyon and Annalyssa) were great and genuinely there to make sure you were satisfied. We were checked in faster than any Disney hotel we were at. The pool is nice but on the smaller side with about 10 - 15 chairs. Very clean. The beach is across the road. Think of the game Frogger to cross it. Not bad once you are used to it. The beach to the left has a bigger sand area to put your blanket cooler etc. Many local BBQs and restaurants. I would highly recommend!

Stayed: May 2018