“Trip w/taco ”

Taco Casa
Ranked #19 of 73 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

Taco Casa is always a great stop on the road for a nice tasting taco and burrito.
I am partial for the mild sauce, but this time went a little warmer. The food is always fresh and hot.
I wish Taco Casa my best wicked for success. They hire local people and seem to always keep a clean dining room

Oh ya, the tea is really good. Try the half-n-half, half sweet and half unsweet.
You will love it!

Reviewed 9 June 2016

Friendly staff and solidly consistant good food. Menu is limited but they have learned to do it well. Great for drive thru or eat in. If I'm thinking fast food this is the place I head for.

Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

I love Taco Casa!! The food is absolutely delicious and the staff is friendly! My only complaint.... There's not one in Amarillo!!!

Reviewed 29 April 2016

Taco Casa is hands down the most delicious place in cooke county. I have never had a bad experience here!

Reviewed 4 January 2016

Yesterday was my first Taco Casa experience. I was pleased and surprised.

Our family of four was traveling from OKC to Dallas and got hungry around Gainesville. Though none of those had ever tried Taco Casa fare, it was the option most agreeable to all. Everyone was happy with the meal. I, who paid the bill, was happy with the amount we spent!

First off, this place has a decidedly retro feel. It is like stepping into a 70s taco joint. I'm not sure that they're going for the retro look, but they definitely achieved it. It's a bright orange and yellow place that is well-staffed and mostly clean.

The food? We had the big nachos, a chilada, taco, and two combo burritos. Everyone was happy with their food. The ingredients were far superior to a Taco Bell - not sure that this is much of an accomplishment, but hey, it's true. Since you're likely at Taco Casa for a quick bite at low cost, it's worth noting that the ingredients were fresh and tasty. They are definitely not chincy with the cheese and ladle it on heavy. Yes!

Unfortunately, I do need to note that the bathroom (men's) was pretty nasty. Looked like it hadn't been cleaned that day. The trash can overflowed with paper towels. The floor was wet and sticky. If it hadn't been for the bathroom, I would have given the place five stars.

I'd recommend it for a road-trip quick stop, especially if you're on a tight budget.