All reviewsgerman pastrieslocal bakeryroom was cleancontinental breakfastclean place to stayin townowners liveolder propertyfresh pastriesmain streetice machinemicrowave and refrigeratoroutdoor poolclose to downtownstay there againhill countrypleasant stay
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

It's comfortable, clean, has microwave and refrigerator. Plenty of floor space. Easy access from the car for unloading luggage. Friendly proprietor. Safe. Everything works! And there is a desk for writing and studying. What's not to like?

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 April 2018

Main Street hotel are way to expensive, so we decided to try this one, only a couple minutes drive from Main Street.
Hotel is clean, owner helpful, breakfast is free and delicious!
It is much better than we thought!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Hotel could use some updating but other than that we are very happy with our stay. We stayed for three nights. We had a problem with a leaky shower head and it was fixed that same day (we were shopping). My son wanted a second blanket and there was never any fuss. Beds were pretty comfy and breakfast was filling. We will definetly come back here when we make another trip to Fredericksburg.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Hotel needs some upgrades .Rooms are dated and carpet with dogs is not good! The owners were very pleasant and were working hard to improve hotel. The breakfast was adequate .The price was good and we were there to visit the area.The downtown is beautiful with great stores, bars wine tasting and a brewery.We went to MARKET DAYS which was one of the best markets ever been to. Then on to Luckenbach Texas small little town with good food, music and general store. The drive through the HILL COUNTRY was beautiful .Highly recommend this as a place to visit if you are in Texas.

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed 21 February 2018

Made a reservation at the Fredericksburg Econo Lodge for a Feb. visit...had business to attend to in San Antonio, and this was a nice option for me to drive into S.A. the next morning.

I needed to make a few changes in my reservation when I arrived, and Matt took care of it immediately with no problems; all of the staff I encountered this visit were so helpful & congenial...they really do try to run a first-rate inn at this location (so much better that other Econo Lodges we've dealt with in the past)!

My room was immaculate...bed very comfortable, bright lighting, clean sheets/pillowcases, fresh towels (& plenty of them), furniture & floors all spotless. The A/C & heat worked well (one night , heat needed, next night, A/C...that's Texas weather for you). I love how I can park right in front of my room and bring luggage in & out without having to trudge thru the lobby, up an elevator, & down a long hall to a guestroom. From the looks of the parking lot in the evening, other travelers feel the same way as I do!

Coffee, juice, fruit & yummy fresh German pastries await guests in the lobby from 7:30 to 10:30am...would love to get to the bakery they use & purchase some to take home, but the establishment sells out very quickly in the morning; maybe on my next visit I can snag some goodies for the trip home!

This motel is just what my wife & I look for when travelling on a budget...great low rates, clean rooms, good A/C, a mini-fridge & microwave, plenty of hot water & towels, easy access to rooms, and caring, friendly owners who CARE about the comfort of their guests...it definitely "fits the bill" for us! We look forward to our next stay!!

Room Tip: Only a few handicapped-accessible rooms; they go quickly, so book early!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business