All reviews pioneer cabin front porch occasional deer hill country modern amenities country living the barn morning coffee get away porch swing home away from home downtown fredericksburg three nights we've stayed close to town estes muffins
Reviewed 2 December 2012

We stayed in two bed room restored cabin built in the 1800's. My wife loved it. Sheep and Donkeys came around for breakfast. Never saw the owners, but Bob the dog was around. Great place to go for some tranquility.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank John W
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I had heard of this place from my husbands work friend and we talked about going for years but with the kids it was hard to getaway. Now they are in college and my husband was turning fifty and it was our anniversary so I thought it would be the best surprise. We loved it!! We stayed in the barn and it was clean and comfy. We liked coming in to our own getaway each day. We actually liked the pastries that were delivered and shared them every morning, it was the perfect amount. Every evening we walked the trail saw dear, sheep, donkeys and sat on the sunset swing and just talked and enjoyed the peace and quiet. We loved it, just wish it was a little closer. For being original buildings, no bugs, very clean, peaceful and romantic can't ask for anything more.

1  Thank texcsk
Reviewed 7 November 2012

This was our first visit to Settlers Crossing, but will not be our last. I plan on booking for our anniversary today. It was quaint, rustic and utterly charming. The surrounding property was great for strolling and exploring. We loved the donkeys, sheep and friendly dogs. It was close to Fredericksburg but far enough away to get the peaceful feeling of country living. David, our host, was very friendly and agreeable. We would recommend to friends and family!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donna S
Reviewed 3 November 2012

My wife and I spent a long weekend at Settlers Crossing B&B. It is conveniently located near Fredericksburg and close to many of the wonderful Texas Hill Country wineries. It is not a traditional B&B. They have renovated historic homes and barns to make a wonderful retreat. It is located on a large tract of land with lots of privacy. The old homes are very charming and will done. There were burrows, sheep and deer roaming the property. The sky view at night is amazing. If you are looking for a great place to get away but still be close to some fun activities this is the place!

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank John P
Reviewed 26 October 2012

We returned once again to this little piece of heaven on earth. We try to return at least twice a year and this time introduced my sister and her husband to Settlers Crossing. While the leaves had not begun to turn, we enjoyed the most beautiful starry skies sitting outside the Baag Farm House. And of course, we booked for next spring . . .with my sister, we are planning a return with all of our grandchildren and have booked both the Pioneer House and The Baag . . .Our home was immaculate, comfy beds and wonderful fresh pastries every morning . . .truly a home away from home. We enjoy the donkeys and sheep roaming the 35 acres and also enjoyed the pretty fall pumpkins that decorated the property. David and Melissa go out of their way to make guests feel special without being intrusive
. . .This truly is the best of the best . . . can hardly wait until April!!

Cheryl and Jerry DeJulius

Room tip: It depends on what you are looking for. We usually ask for the BAAG Farmhouse as it brings back good memories of childhood. . .the house is almost identical to my Grandmothers. if the grandchildren are with us, they want the Pioneer Home as they love the root cellar and the porch swing. The Bohl or Kusenberger log houses are romantic . . .you really cannot go wrong with any of the ammenities on this beautiful property!
Date of stay: October 2012