All reviewsfront porchoccasional deertexas hill countrycountry livingmodern bathroomporch swinghome away from homewe've stayedestesbarnpioneercabinpropertyponygoatsweekendwineries
Reviewed 11 August 2011

I stayed at Settler's Crossing last year, and came back again this year and had another wonderful experience! The cabin was charming and comfortable, the grounds are beautiful and well kept, the service and breakfast was wonderful! Definitely going to make this an annual trip! Thanks Settler's Crossing!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I booked my second stay at Settler's Crossing for a girls retreat and all of us had an amazing time! The quality of both service and accomodations were equal to my first trip a few months prior. We stayed in the Pioneer cabin and were blown away by how spacious and comfortable it was. Not only was the cabin beautifully decorated, its kitchen was stocked with complimentary basic essentials and snacks for us to enjoy. Guests are truly transported to a different time, away from the hustle and bustle of city life as you relax on the porch and view the wildlife on the property. Enjoying a glass of Texas wine on the front swing was my favorite and most relaxing time of the day. One of the major benefits of this great BnB is that guests stay in different cabins so you are ensured a quiet and peaceful vacation. The Pioneer cabin is a dream for larger groups, but if you are looking for a getaway for two, I highly recommend the Kusenberger cabin where I stayed during my first visit. The owners are extremely gracious and helpful. If you stay in Fredericksburg or the surrounding area, you'd be sorely mistaken by not staying at this amazing place!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Superb! If you want quiet, and desire to stay in a frontier-style cabin or farmhouse only 7 minutes from Fredericksburg and 10 minutes from Luckenbach, then this is the place to choose! With deer, donkeys, sheep and a couple of outdoor cats guarding the grounds, it's as peaceful a place you'll find in the area. Choice of different styles and sizes of cabins, cottages. We loved it!

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Pavelow2go
Reviewed 10 August 2011

4 Girl friends and I went and stayed at this quaint, private and charming B&B a couple of weekends ago. The staff is friendly and professional, the grounds are peaceful and immaculate, and the cabins are unique and pleasant. Could not say enough good things about it!!! We stayed in the Pioneer cabin which was charming!!! There antiques and unique and special touches at every turn. The beds were comfortable and the porch was our "go-to" spot. We would ALL go back and all plan too with our significant others. Enchanting and secluded Settlers Crossing is a mix of rustic simplicity and sophistication in the beautiful hill country.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank GinnyEstes
Reviewed 31 July 2011

We arrived at 9pm to the Kusenberger Cabin and it was 90 degrees. It took quite awhile to cool it off. There were bugs in the bathtub and a nasty looking spider that was alive. There was dust on the window sills and the light above the bathroom sink was out. I called the next day and they replaced it but left a mess in the sink. They advertised as a B&B, well the breakfast they offered was terrible. Each afternoon they delivered a basket of three sweet rolls that looked as though they came from a bulk pack from Wal-Mart and they were soggy. Every nice B&B I have ever stayed in invited you to the dining room for a very nice hot breakfast. If they only want to offer the sweet rolls, well there are many nice bakeries in Fredericksburg that could provide them and homemade is better than those from a Wal-Mart. The cabin was very quaint , but no Wi-Fi or local telephones. The grounds were very nice and there is a swing you can sit on and watch the sunset. For the price I would shop around for another B&B in Fredericksburg, TX. We left a day early.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Christine1976
jedestes, Owner at Settlers Crossing Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2011

I am sorry about the cleanliness issue. We had just finished replacing the bath tub and shower and the workers did not clean up as well as they should have. I am sure the spiders were associated with the house being open for days during construction. We spray on a regular basis to control all bugs As for the food, we do not have a common area for serving breakfast and have found that most of our customers would rather have breakfast at their leisure and private. Thank you for your comments, David Estes