“Department of Health should be notified!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #84 of 113 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed 7 October 2016

This is referenced to the "Quality" (NOT) Inn on S. Cherry Lane in Fort Worth. I picked this place because I have a Choice "Frequent Stay" number and have been basically satisfied with stays elsewhere over the years. This was a DISASTER!!! Long story short: I was in FtWorth on business and had to leave the room by 7:30 every morning, returning around 9pm. Arrived late the 1st night and found the room had a STENCH beyond belief. Next morning I complained to the front desk and they said they would look into it. NO CHANGE! So, following morning I asked for another room. None was available, but they would, again, "look into" the horrid stench. So, problem solved, right? NO! I returned, exhausted, to a horrid situation. (A week or so later I was told I should have left, but when could I find another room, being gone all day, and THEY HAD SAID THEY WOULD FIX IT!) Next day they said they'd better check this time since this was the 3rd time I had complained. Disgusting "customer service". 2 more nights and even the maids said it was awful; they kept promising me it would be cleaned up. Last day I was told that...."well, actually, there IS a problem because there was a sewer pipe break a while ago and the rooms flooded and weren't dried out." Someone at the front desk said that this rental should not have happened, and that the motel was going to shut down that whole section for "repairs". When I finally reached the "manager", DAYS LATER, he did admit that the room should NOT have been rented! Then he blamed me for not leaving earlier. I was at the Convention Center for the entire days so there was no time to do that, especially since THEY KEPT PROMISING IT WOULD BE FIXED!!! This "manager" declined to give me any monetary compensation, offering, instead, that I should let him know when I was coming there the next time and he would give me a "little" discount. Thanks, but no thanks.Will NEVER stay there again. As I said, the Department of Health should be notified! Frankly, Choice Headquarters should immediately exorcise this place from their membership! (I delayed making this report while I was in computer "meetings" trying to resolve this.)

Room Tip: SO many other places to go. And the customer service here was NIL.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank OnTheRoadAgain02
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed 4 October 2016

3 couples on vacation from UK travelling Houston to Dallas. We booked this hotel for its convenience to fort worth and Dallas. The hotel promises a complimentary evening meal Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday & Thursday. This is not the case as the meal was on only on Friday. It also promises happy hour from 1900 to 2000 this is not the case. When we questioned the manager he said that guests were abusing this and he had to stop it. He has not as yet amended the web site. So is this just an empty promise to get people to book the hotel in the hope they will stay anyway. We noticed that there was no furniture around the pool area and asked about that he said it all got broken over time and he would replace it. This never happened in the week we were booked in. Breakfast finished at 900 in the week and 1000 at weekends but make sure you are down before finish time as everything was cleared away. Breakfast was fine. Rooms spotless clean with superb beds and linen. Outside room areas need a good clean and sweep with cigarette stumps all over the stairs. Overall it served our purpose but my advise is shop around

Room Tip: No special views although the front with no rooms overlooks a huge electric grid
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

I don't even know where to begin! I will start off with seeing baby roaches on our last day of our stay. (I will post pix if site allows) I wish I had seen them the first day so we could of left immediately. Now our luggage is sitting outside our home until im able to go through it, clean it and wash all our clothes. I have to make sure we didn't bring back any roaches from the hotel!!

The elevator was out of service, and we were on the third floor with luggage for a 4 night stay!

The room had such a muggy, old stench to it that I had to go to Target and purchase air fresheners.

I would NEVER come on hear and give a negative review for a "out of service" elevator or smelly room, but the baby roaches in our room was the straw that broke the camels back!!

The next time I travel anywhere I will pay more and definitely read the reviews before I book it.

Do yourself a favor and stay as far away from this hotel as you can. Or you'll be in my shoes hoping and praying you didn't bring and roaches back with you!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank blessed3times
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

This hotel is clean, friendly, and a quiet place to stay. It is convent located right off the interstate . It offers a hot breakfast which is great, it's pet friendly, and the staff is friendly. I definitely will stay here again.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Glenda L
Reviewed 18 September 2016

There was No water pressure, TV speakers were blown so we could not watch TV. At breakfast it looked as if the (questionable locals) spend there nights there too. I was disappointed that Choice hotels didn't have higher standards. Just say NO.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family