“Great burgers and pies”

Theresa's Dixie House Cafe
Ranked #655 of 1,864 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Reviewed 8 May 2018

We were staying nearby for a weekend getaway, and this cafe was very close by. We dropped in for a late lunch and were glad we did. My husband loved his old-school burger, and my chicken fried steak was very good--not too thin or gristly, and not a big piece of fried batter with no meat. The fries and onion rings were fresh and hot, and there was real potato in the mashed potatoes. Afterward we picked out some dessert with some help from a friendly staffer, who let us sample several offerings. The baked goods are decadent, rich, and served in huge portions. Be sure and have some before you go!

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Great building, very clean dining area, friendly folks... horrible food!
They charged $9.95 for a patty melt on standard 4" wheat bread (think cheap slices), the bread was gross and it wasn't even cut in half. I think they made my meal and it sat in the window while my friends chicken fried steak was cooking. Cold soggy fries. Very disappointed, won't be back. (I only upped to 2 stars because of the friendly servers)

Reviewed 7 June 2017

The Dixie House Cafe is a good breakfast place as they have everything on the menu. They even serve lunch but I have not tried yet. The service is good and you usually get seated right away without a wait. It is your basic eggs bacon hash browns or pancakes and waffles but it is not expensive and they are quick to refill your coffee and keep it hot!

Reviewed 23 May 2017

The food is great along with the serve. They have good chicken salads, chesses burgers and of course their chicken fried steak. If you have a sweet tooth this is the place to go. They have a little bit of everything to satisfied that sweet tooth.

Reviewed 2 February 2017

We sat from 11:30 until 12:12 on Saturday with no refresh on our iced tea and no sighting of our food........