“Great food and great service.”

Bonnell's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bonnell's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 1,791 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Price range: USD 20 - USD 25
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 183/Southwest Blvd
Reviewed 3 April 2018

My has recently retired, and we wanted to celebrate. Since we have eaten here several times, we decided to go again. Making a reservation was very easy, since they use Open Table. We got there a little early and were seated immediately. We were very pleased with our server, Hanadi. She was attentive, informative, and pleasant without being obtrusive. We ordered the Texas Bruchetta an appetizer for the table. It had caramelized onions, guacamole, roasted salsa, and goat cheese. It was served with a nice toasted bread. For entrees, my wife ordered one of their "Specials" of the day. It was a very nice halibut which Hanadi told us was flown in fresh. It came with a vegetable medley that was also very tasty. I ordered the penne pasta with quail and mushrooms that was served over a very good cream sauce. As if this wasn't enough, we ordered dessert. When you have a birthday, retirement, etc. they comp the dessert. They also wrote "Happy Retirement' on the plate for my wife. Prior to ordering, my ordered a martini, which was very good as well. This is definitely a go back for us. The portions are substantial.

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and 11 year old son had dinner at Bonnell's last Saturday and we all agree that this was the best dinning experience we have had in the Metroplex. The dishes are very original but not extravagant. The place is elegant but not pretentious. The staff is very nice and our waiter was explained with accurate detail everything we asked, gave us very good suggestions and even treated us to his favorite dessert, a very moist, gluten free, decadent chocolate cake.
We had delicious elk Tacos as appetizer, a blissful butternut squash soup, and Buffalo (cooked medium), redfish and pasta entrees. All paired perfectly with the Bonnell's Cabernet we ordered. Everything was absolutely amazing!!
And as the cherry on top: the chef and owner Jon Bonnell, came to our table to introduce himself and make sure we liked everything. Of course we did!! Can't wait to go back to Bonnell's!! Highly recommend.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

My wife and I went to Bonnell's in Fort Worth last night. It was our second visit. It was simply excellent. There is no need to excuse small lapses - there simply weren't any. Jon Bonnell is a top-ranked chef, and just as important, his staff is highly trained. The food is excellent too.

Overall, this is one of my favorite places to go in Ft Worth

1  Thank rsrubin11
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visited in search of a hard to find cordial, B&B. They have It! We enjoyed Oysters Texasfeller and some local craft beers as well. The food and service was superb and the menu is very unique prepared by a local chef. This is a must visit restaurant!

Reviewed 2 December 2017

A great way to spend our last evening in Fort Worth, the food at Bonnell's was excellent, as was the service. I had 2 new taste experiences: a generous starter of crispy quail's legs in buttermilk and pecan-crusted redfish, with jumbo lump crab, both absolutely delicious. Other half loved his roasted tomato and jalapeno soup and pepper-crusted buffalo tenderloin. Family in Fort Worth love this restaurant, easy to see why.