“Best dinner experience in DFW”

Bonnell's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bonnell's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,858 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Price range: USD 20 - USD 25
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 183/Southwest Blvd
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and 11 year old son had dinner at Bonnell's last Saturday and we all agree that this was the best dinning experience we have had in the Metroplex. The dishes are very original but not extravagant. The place is elegant but not pretentious. The staff is very nice and our waiter was explained with accurate detail everything we asked, gave us very good suggestions and even treated us to his favorite dessert, a very moist, gluten free, decadent chocolate cake.
We had delicious elk Tacos as appetizer, a blissful butternut squash soup, and Buffalo (cooked medium), redfish and pasta entrees. All paired perfectly with the Bonnell's Cabernet we ordered. Everything was absolutely amazing!!
And as the cherry on top: the chef and owner Jon Bonnell, came to our table to introduce himself and make sure we liked everything. Of course we did!! Can't wait to go back to Bonnell's!! Highly recommend.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 5 February 2018

My wife and I went to Bonnell's in Fort Worth last night. It was our second visit. It was simply excellent. There is no need to excuse small lapses - there simply weren't any. Jon Bonnell is a top-ranked chef, and just as important, his staff is highly trained. The food is excellent too.

Overall, this is one of my favorite places to go in Ft Worth

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank rsrubin11
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visited in search of a hard to find cordial, B&B. They have It! We enjoyed Oysters Texasfeller and some local craft beers as well. The food and service was superb and the menu is very unique prepared by a local chef. This is a must visit restaurant!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 2 December 2017

A great way to spend our last evening in Fort Worth, the food at Bonnell's was excellent, as was the service. I had 2 new taste experiences: a generous starter of crispy quail's legs in buttermilk and pecan-crusted redfish, with jumbo lump crab, both absolutely delicious. Other half loved his roasted tomato and jalapeno soup and pepper-crusted buffalo tenderloin. Family in Fort Worth love this restaurant, easy to see why.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 10 November 2017

This place specializes in the freshest and finest wild game and seafood available. I have been several times and every dish has exceeded my expectations for how wild game should be prepared and presented. You can't go wrong with any of them. Highest recommendation - I take my Mother here for a special meal!!

Date of visit: August 2017