“Wish I had went with breakfast”
Review of Dixie House Cafe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Dixie House Cafe
Ranked #558 of 1,864 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 October 2017

I wanted vegetables. I do not eat pork and pork was in every decent vegetable except the most unhealthiest of options, fried okra, macaroni and cheese and mashed potatoes. Not much of a choice for vegetables. Got a side salad with okra and mac and cheese. The rolls were divine and melted in my mouth. The pies and cake looked great. Went with my favorite, buttermilk and it was the absolute worst I had ever had. Got it to go, took one bite and threw it out.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Monday Wed. Chicken fried steak Special, save enough to get a slice of homemade pie! Can also get chicken fried chicken, both are awesome! Always great friendly service too.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Love this place! Either the wifey and I or the whole gang stopping by for a friends breakfast, they always take care of us. Friendly staff, great fresh and hot breakfast, and delicious pies! Go get ya some!

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

This place is nothing fancy. If you are looking for good home style food serve in big portions this is the place. Busy at lunch and loud inside.

1  Thank Laura C
Reviewed 4 March 2017

Had the chicken fried steak with mash potatoes with gravy and corn. The chicken fried steak was well below average and small. Crust came off, meat was not tenderized enough. Tough chew. I was thinking $40 + or so for 2 adults and 2 kids. Walked out of there spending $70+ before tip. We could have done better that evening. Will never go back.

Been to Dixie House Cafe? Share your experiences!