“Excellent chinese food at a good price”

Szechuan Restaurant City View
Ranked #293 of 1,752 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Reviewed 22 January 2018

The lunch special here is a real bargain. Our favorite dish is the chicken with garlic sauce with fried rice. Lots of chicken, water chestnuts, off mushrooms in a rich, garlic sauce. Special comes with soup - very good Hot&Sour and Wonton. Our favorite FW chinese food stop.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Great place to go for lunch. Pretty fast service, and a great big variety of different Chineese plates. Big pots of hot tea come with the order, as does a choice of hot and sour or wonton soup. the hot and sour soup is really good, along with the little chip things to put in it. The menu has numbered items, more than 45 of them, so easy to order. I had No. 41, a shrimp and peanut plate, very good. They have very good take out service as well.

Reviewed 7 March 2017

Ww were near the restaurant and decided to try this place for the first time. It has been in business for 30 years so obviously they are doing something right. My wife ordered cashew chicken and I decided to try the chicken chow mein. Most places don't fix it like back in the Yees or Chinese Cottage in Dallas that served Cantonese style chinese food. Much to my surprise it was great and very similar to what we used to be able to find.We hot the hot tea, egg roll, won ton soap, cashew chicken and chicken chow mein. Loved the place and the waitstaff did a great job.

We will definitely visit this establishment again. Highly recommend. We want to try some of their drinks as they looked great.

1  Thank Bruce A
Reviewed 16 January 2017

My husband and several of our friends rely on Szechuan City View for wonderful food and comfortable environment: clean, pretty, quiet and reserved. The menu has a wonderful variety and I've loved most everything I've ordered. We steer clear of the very spicy/hot dishes, but the soups, appetizers, and entrees are really good. If our day has been too hectic and life not kind enough, we head to Szechuan for our comfort food treatment. Just never fails! Think I'll call in a take-out order right now!

1  Thank Capotegirl
Reviewed 25 October 2016

We happened to be at this restaurant for a meeting. Having passed several times in the past, we now learned that we were missing some very good food and good service. Portions are large and easy to share.