“Good food, horrible service at bar”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #372 of 1,864 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Good for: Groups
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

My Mom and I visit this restaurant on occasion. I understand Saturday evenings are busy especially when there is nice weather. I did a on line reservation for 2. Said 21 minutes on txt. We arrive and they then said 35-40 minutes. So much for on line. There were two places at bar so we decided to eat there. I was warned by hostess desk about bar area being crowded. So we ordered ice tea with lemon. After asking Britney three times, she finally brought lemons. Unacceptable. Salad came but no silverware was brought with menus. Had to ask twice. Entrees were very good. Some stupid couple sat beside us and it took the lady twenty minutes to order her drink after asking about everything. It's a bar, order a drink and wait for your table. Bartender spent all this time with these people who I guess it was there first time eating out. She did bring check promptly and we cleared out for other guest. Upon leaving I told the hostess she was correct and she said they have had lots of problems at bar. They need hostess or a separate register for to go orders like every restaurant has.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

We went somewhat late in the evening and we were told in no uncertain terms after the meal started there were no more breadsticks, soup, or mints left because they were "closed." If they were closed, why did we even get seated? The soup I did get was cold.
Then, we hurried eating as we knew they wanted to close and then they told my kids there were "no more mints"
Really?
Love Olive Garden but would never return here.

Reviewed 20 May 2017

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm not a big fan of Italian. I prefer my own spaghetti that that of most places and Alfredo sauce is all fat. Together, there is little enticement for me to go an Italian restaurant.

That said, there was a recent family outing that forced my hand. Wife is gluten-free and had some difficulty finding something that sounded good. She wound up eating salad rotini, which she thought was passable. (I thought the rotini tasted like tomato sauce right out of a can.) I ordered chicken Marsala. The cut was great, it was cooked properly, and the potatoes were decent. I was surprised that my meal was almost enjoyable.

Service was a little suspect. We were a party of nearly 20 and the waitress had no real backup, though. While she was very polite, she was a little forgetful, too. I had ordered a drink that never came. All the bills seemed to be split properly.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Must have gotten a new server. She was very kind but unfamiliar with the menu, she had to come back and ask us questions about our order. We asked for limes but never got them. Hopefully it's just cause she's new. But we were disappointed in the service.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

This is another chain restaurant location we have dined at since the onset. Happy to report that like Razzoo's, it's on an upswing. From solo visits to family gatherings of up to six or more, everything on the menu has been excellent. Service has been very good to excellent. I/we will be back again real soon! #YUM!