“Always Hits the Spot”

Campisi's Restaurant
Ranked #282 of 1,791 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Founded on the idea of handshakes and hellos, Campisis Restaurants has been serving iconic, award-winning pizzas and family Italian dishes since 1946. Owned and operated by the Campisi family, the original landmark, the "Egyptian Lounge" is legendary for being "the place to go" by celebrities and locals in the know who want the real deal when it comes to good Italian. Everyone is always invited to the table seven days a week at any of our locations in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and our new expansion in Lubbock, Texas. Stay in touch with the family on social and on the web.
Reviewed 4 June 2017

Okay! Everyone has his or her opinion on Italian food. I know some folks who prefer other Italian restaurants, but my favorite on the west side of Fort Worth is Campisi’s. I’ve given it a five star rating because it meets my expectations for a neighborhood Italian restaurant to a tee. Is it perfect? No, but no restaurant is perfect. Even the local favorites in which I’ve eaten in several northeastern “Little Italy” neighborhoods do not bat a thousand.

What I like about Campisi’s Fort Worth is the consistency and the fact the menu does not try to be avant-garde. Campisi’s seems to strive for consistency, and one way to achieve that is to keep the menu stable. I could stay away for two years, and my favorite dishes would probably taste the same.

Here are some of my favorites for your consideration. The calamari appetizer is as good as any place I can think of. Their house salad is nothing special, but it is consistent and their house-made dressing is great. The Olive Topped Salad, which is the house (chopped ice berg/ with house dressing) with chopped green olive topping is a great salad to split if one wants to eat at the bar, having salad and appetizers.

I cannot speak to their other pizzas, but the meat supreme is excellent. I order the small, with salad and maybe an appetizer to share. I have a great meal then, take half of the pizza home and have a great meal later. Their marinara and meat sauces are excellent. Meat balls rival those at any other place I can think of, and the seasoning in the sausage is not over powering.

The only complaint, if there is one, is slightly inconsistent service at times. I have never experienced bad service, but as with any individual restaurant or small chain, servers come and go. Occasionally, a less than stellar one sneaks in. On the other hand, it seems this management team takes care of their good employees, and one can expect most of the staff to be familiar faces if Campisi’s is one of your regular stops.

If it is just the two of us, we like to sit in the bar area or at the bar. It is a bit less noisy, and the bar staff backs up the servers.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

My wife and I ate here on a date night and were not disappointed. The staff was friendly and attentive even on a busy Friday night.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

I had a 2 topping individual pizza and house salad for a reasonable price during the week at Campisi's. Service was excellent.

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

We went to Campisi's for happy hour and were not disappointed! Great bites on HH menu as well as $2 off all wines by the glass!
I have had their pizza before and it is amazing as well!

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Two co-workers and myself went here for dinner on a business trip, on the advice of another co-worker. For starters we had the shrimp scampi, and it was pretty good, but pretty small for 3 men.
Next was the salad, which my co-workers enjoyed, but I did not; not because it wasn't good, but because the ranch was to mayo-ee for my personal preference.
They also brought out some bread here that went well with the butter sauce from the scampi.
Next was the main course....Co-workers went with ravioli, with Alfredo, and fettuccine with alfredo, which they both enjoyed, but commented on how extremely rich it was....again not a bad thing, just a personal preference.
As for me, I ordered the rigatoni with meat sauce, which was good, and added a link of their homemade sausage, which was not. The sausage had an overwhelming basil or sage flavor that was just very off putting.
Thus, as the title says, it wasn't bad overall.

Been to Campisi's Restaurant? Share your experiences!