“Time Stood Still”

Fortuna Italian Restaurant
Ranked #380 of 1,717 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Fortuna’s was one of our favorite local Italian places for years. For a number of reasons we abandoned it, satisfying our Italian urges elsewhere. At the urging of a friend we decided to give it another try.

In some ways it was a trip down memory lane. The decor, furnishings, and general atmosphere was the same as when we first stepped in the door more than a decade ago. Even one of the servers is still working there.

Fortuna’s is a neighborhood joint that makes no effort to be anything else. The only differences between the other diners and the ones we dined with years ago were the faces. Every table was occupied by folks one would expect to meet on an afternoon walk through almost any Ridglea neighborhood.

Okay! What about the food? It was just as we remembered if from the early days of our relationship with the joint. The salads are nothing special, but the house made tomato-basil dressing makes even iceberg lettuce taste great. The escargot appetizer was decadent, the pasta was al dente, the red sauce was excellent, the meat balls were great, and they have the best eggplant parmigiana around. (At least in my opinion.)

The service was earnest, if a bit erratic. The food timing was not on par with one of the white tablecloth $50 a plate joints, but then dinner for two, with appetizer, salads, one glass of wine, and entrees cost a lot less the fifty bucks. Give it a try.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Delicious pizza. Will go back to try other menu items. Price is very reasonable and wait staff are good, fast, and friendly.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

The food never disappoints but the service almost always does. That being said, you get the full authentic European experience. Scallops Plantini every time, all the time.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

We heard about this place from a local young lady, so we thought we'd give it a try. It was absolutely the best Italian meal I've ever had! I ordered the bake eggplant. It was a huge thin piece and it was delicious! I'm not crazy about a lot of sauce on my pasta, but it was superb! Other plates that we ordered were lasagna and spaghetti, linguine noodles used, nevertheless, delicious! I noticed the lady at the next table ordered the cheese ravioli and I asked her opinion. She loved it. Good to know. I had the spinach salad and I wasn't crazy about the salad dressing used, so next time I'll order an Italian dressing. Give this place a try; it's delicious!

2  Thank Sandra9193
Reviewed 17 March 2017

This is so much better than the other "Italian" restaurants around. This is not the standard bland pasta and tomato sauce and grocery store French bread that you find everywhere else. This is so much more authentic and fresh, starting with the fresh bread with herbed oil and balsamic vinegar.