“food, yes!”

Fortuna Italian Restaurant
Ranked #330 of 1,886 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 7 July 2017

The food never disappoints but the service almost always does. That being said, you get the full authentic European experience. Scallops Plantini every time, all the time.

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed 27 April 2017

We heard about this place from a local young lady, so we thought we'd give it a try. It was absolutely the best Italian meal I've ever had! I ordered the bake eggplant. It was a huge thin piece and it was delicious! I'm not crazy about a lot of sauce on my pasta, but it was superb! Other plates that we ordered were lasagna and spaghetti, linguine noodles used, nevertheless, delicious! I noticed the lady at the next table ordered the cheese ravioli and I asked her opinion. She loved it. Good to know. I had the spinach salad and I wasn't crazy about the salad dressing used, so next time I'll order an Italian dressing. Give this place a try; it's delicious!

Date of visit: April 2017
2  Thank Sandra9193
Reviewed 17 March 2017

This is so much better than the other "Italian" restaurants around. This is not the standard bland pasta and tomato sauce and grocery store French bread that you find everywhere else. This is so much more authentic and fresh, starting with the fresh bread with herbed oil and balsamic vinegar.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 23 February 2017

We have been coming to this restaurant for years. It is one of our local go to places when we don't feel like cooking.

It is not fancy. It is located in a nondescript mini strip-mall, has plastic table cloths and plastic grape decor.

it is not haute cuisine. It is "Italian-ish" comfort food with a lot of the dishes heavy on the cream base sauces. If you must have al dente pasta, this may not be the place for you.

The bread is good. The wine is generous (makes the wall art look better and better, even Romulus and Remus). Everything comes out piping hot and very quickly, which has always given me the impression that the food is pre-prepared and microwaved to finish. We have tried most of the dishes over the years and they are consistently the same. On our last visit we had the stuffed mushrooms, the chicken carciofi, and the chicken Jerusalem. All three items were exactly as they were eight years ago.

Service is usually very good and they try very hard. We have been there as a couple, with several couples, and with large parties. They have always been very accommodating with regard to seating, separate checks, etc.

All that being said, and despite frequenting the restaurant often, I can only give it average due to comparison with ALL restaurants. However for this TYPE of restaurant I would say it should have an extra star, especially for the consistency.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 6 February 2017

We are new to Fort Worth and always on the lookout for new restaurants that we can enjoy a meal and regularly patronize. Fortuna fits the bill.

First being older we enjoy a noise level that is moderate so one can hold a conversation. Certainly Fortuna is such a place.

We relied on our server for suggestions. For appetizers we had calamari fritti and stuffed mushrooms. Both were excellent. In addition we ordered one glass of wine and received a pleasant surprise! It was about ¾ full; the way we drink it at home. This is a contrast to so many other places that a “glass of house wine” is about one third. You can order wine by the glass here and be satisfied that you are receiving good value.

Our main courses were a clam dish with white sauce and chicken picatta. Both were very good. The chicken picatta was cooked was flavorful and had ample capers. We’d order both again.

Finally when it came time for dessert we declined since we had no more space for it. However the dessert menu looked tempting. Next time we’d order one appetizer and save room for dessert.

Date of visit: February 2017

Been to Fortuna Italian Restaurant? Share your experiences!