“Great place to stay”

Ranked #38 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Waco, Texas
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

My friend and I love to get away from it all and go to the Stockyards. This was the first time we did not inside the yards. This place was great! Clean, great breakfast, nice pool and hot tub area and had transportation to and from the Stockyards. Everyone was so nice. Dustin, our driver to and from was great. We were so hungry when he picked us up one night that went through the McDonalds drive thru for us..... I will stay here again!

Room Tip: Our room was on the 3rd floor close to the elevator. I was afraid it would be noisy but was not. W...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Worth, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Dear Gayla C,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We hope you enjoyed your trip to the stockyards. Thank you for mentioning our great amenities. Also, thank you for mentioning Dustin. We will pass all of these great comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. We appreciate all of our guest feedback. Thank you again for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Fort Worth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Cramlington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

We enjoyed our stay here, but the noise from the freeway never stops day of night.
Good points are rooms were decent, breakfast good, staff really nice, free shuttle service
bad points: the freeway noise !! hotel quite worn

Room Tip: ask for a quite room
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Worth, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Dear andyrob1971,

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay. We appreciate all of your comments and concerns. We have passed the concerns about the noise on to our management. They are currently looking in to make the noise situation better. Thank you for all of your comments and we will pass them on to our staff.

Brisbane Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Because we stayed in Fort Worth as a lay over, we used public transport and taxis. This hotel has a shuttle service however, if the driver isn't working eg in the mornings, the reception graciously organised for another sgtaff member to drive us to the bus station. Free shuttle to the stockyards area.

Hotel room was very comfortable, two double beds. Good shower over bath. Free wi fi in the room. Pay TV. Good breakfast. Friendly staff. Internet computers in the lobby.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Marilyn50,

Thank you for telling us about your recent visit to our hotel. We appreciate all of your comments. Our shuttle service is one of our great amenities. We are so happy that we can offer that to our guests. Thank you for all of your thoughts. We will pass them on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job.

Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

I made reservations, using Expedia for this hotel, weeks in advance. On arrival, at the Country Inn and Suites said they overbooked, and sent me to another hotel. The hotel they sent me to was 3 miles away, and was a dump.

Room Tip: There is no way to know before your arrival if the Country Inn and Suites Fort Worth is over booked...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BecBB
HALTOM CITY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

I booked this room a month in advance for our anniversary which is January 1st. We stayed January 1st and 2nd and checkout on the 3rd. This is the hotel me and my wife spent the first night of our honeymoon at 12 years ago and at that time it was a very nice hotel. We arrived at the hotel at 1:00pm on the 1st and ask if the room would be available to check into early. Phillip West the man working the front counter that morning said that the people had just checked out of that room and the housekeepers had not had time to clean the room yet, we told him that today was our anniversary and we would like to check in early if it was possible and he told us it would be around 2:00 or 2:30pm, we thanked him and left. At 2pm we called and Phillip told us it would be closer to 2:30 before the room was ready so me and my wife grabbed something to eat and returned to the hotel. We arrived at about 2:15 and at this time Phillip told us it was going to be closer to 3pm before the housekeepers were going to have our room ready, we said ok and decided we would just wait in the lobby so we unloaded our luggage to a cart and then ate our lunch. At about 2:55 Phillip told us it was probably going to be closer to 3:30 before our room was ready. At time I ask him isn't check in time 3:00? He said yes but we booked the hotel last night. I then ask "The Hotel is not booked today is it" (there were only 2 or 3 cars in the parking lot and I had not seen any guest). He said that it was not booked and I ask why our room was not going to be ready at 3:00. He said again the hotel was booked last night and the housekeepers were real busy. Yes but ya'll have known for a month now that I have had a reservation and you know I was here and talked to you today at 1:00 and I have been waiting in your lobby for almost an hour and still my room is not ready! He said it took an hour to clean our room and three people were working on it right now to get it ready. I told him I don’t believe it would take an hour to clean any room in this hotel, and then ask why he didn't have the housekeeper clean our room first. Finally at 3:30 we got into our room to realize that not only was the service poor and the management clueless, but our room was in desperate need of repair and remodeling. The same green carpet that was in the room 12 years ago was still in the room as it appears to be the same tired bed and furnishings. We went to the front desk and at this time they were changing shifts Phillip was leaving and Matthew was coming on board. We discussed our concerns about the maintenance issues with Matthew and he sent first the shuttle driver to our room and then 4 housekeepers came in to look around. I then went down and ask Matthew why he sent the shuttle driver and housekeepers to our room? Our room is clean but we have maintenance issues. The toilet will not quit running, the carpet is torn and worn-out and is the same carpet that was in the rooms 12 years ago, the leg on the coffee table is almost broken off, the sink is cracked, tub scratched, cabinets scarred and several lights were burned out. Matthew told me that the maintenance man was off and would not be working until the 3rd (the day we were to leave). I then ask if this was the best room that they had in the hotel and we were told that it was. I had stayed in Super 8 motels that were far better that this room!!! Matthew told me he was going to contact the manager and get him to take care of the situation and he also said he would do something special for our anniversary. My wife & I decided we would stay and see what happened. We called about 4:30 to see if the shuttle could take us to a restaurant for our anniversary and we were told that the shuttle driver was not working because today was a holiday, I had explained that this was not told to us at the time I booked the room and had inquired about the shuttle. We ended up walking across the street to the Mexican restaurant Mercado Juarez and had dinner at about 8pm. We never heard anything else from the manager or Mathew. The next morning we went to breakfast and seen that Phillip was back at the front desk. After breakfast we went and ask when the manager would be in and Willard popped around the corner and said he was the manager. I ask him to come to our room and see all the issues with our room and explained all that had happened with his staff and how that we had sat in the lobby for an hour and a half waiting on our room that was late. Willard’s responded with an excuse about their previous maintenance man's health and they had recently hired a new maintenance man but he had hurt his back so they currently didn’t have anyone capable of do maintenance. Willard did nothing to resolve the situation and I don’t think he cared either. If you enjoy poor service, run-down rooms and a staff that is disengaged and clueless this is your place! The cleaning staff is the only thing that is good here and they do an excellent job for what they have to work with. Kudos to the housekeepers! I sure hope the owner gets a clue and hires better management and reverses the direction this place is headed!

Room Tip: I think they have remodeled some rooms, ask for them............ you wont be told otherwise.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple