All reviews old west bonnie and clyde wooden shutters step back in time celebrity suite rueben provide ear plugs davy crockett water closet white elephant cattle drive western experience lots of history billy bob's western feel western theme stockyard area
Reviewed 5 December 2017

If you are looking for a new, shiny, glitzy, ho-hum experience this is not it. This hotel was built over 100 years ago and famous cowboys used to stay here. Probably still do.

Before I even arrived I was treated with the nicest customer service one could ever expect. Due to missing a flight, I had to cancel a night of my trip and they gladly refunded that day. I even booked it through a service other than directly through them and they still gave me no hassle.

When you walk in the front door you start to get the feel of this place. Big open sitting parlor and a front desk that is definitely authentic to the time period it was built. Large welcoming couches and chairs and everything is really clean.

My room was just a basic room, but I was still pleased with the amenities. The room is large with plenty of closet space. The beds were really comfortable and you could tell someone had taken some time cleaning that place. The bathrooms are a throwback with cast iron tubs and a shower that will knock you down. The toilet is an old water closet type model. You just don't get this experience in most places.

The food in the restaurant is good, the drinks at the bar were great and the bartenders were friendly. They had a great selection of tequila that I didn't get to sample, but maybe next trip.

Do yourself a favor and give this place a try.

Don't miss the cattle drive down Main Street that goes right by this place. I think they do this daily. Oh and Billy Bob's Texas for nightlife.

Room tip: I opted for a basic room, but a friend stayed on one facing Main Street. This was a nice touch.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 December 2017

Very comfortable and quiet. Great room, nice bed and great service. Walking distance to great bars and restaurants. Has a good bar and restaurant. Old western feel, perfect for the area. Definitely do it again.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

Discovered this hotel whilst looking for somewhere easy to stay around the Fort Worth Stockyards area. What a find! Great price and value. Room was standard but old style cowboy cool. Great fit out and bed was so comfortable. Had read a few reviews and after a Friday / Saturday night could see why the street facing room had complementary ear plugs. But after a few drinks at Billy Bobs up the street and a lay back in the super comfortable bed the sound of Harley’s and cars doing the lap of the street falls away into cowboy dreaming good sleep. If you are a very light sleeper maybe a bit too noisy but for convenience being so in the middle of the stockyards it’s well worth a bit of noise and is a great place to stay. People so Fort Worth friendly so definitely worth checking out if you want to stay right in the Stockyards area.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 November 2017

We chose the Stockyards Hotel due to its closness to Billy Bob's as well as seeing the sites in the Stockyard area. The hotel is recognized as a top Historic Hotel of America. There is a plaque outside.

We had a room on the 3rd floor. It faced the main street. The western decor was very nice. The king size bed was very comfortable. The rocking chair was a nice feature. There is a nice large cabinet where the TV is. The bathroom was nice.

There is an elevator in the building. The lobby is nicely decorated.

Staff is very nice. One valet parks one's car. Service was very good. Its easy to check-in and get to one's room.

The place gives a real room key (not a key card).

We did have some noise from one of the local bars till about 2:30 in the morning. I still cannot figure out if it was Hispanic music or Cowboy Music.....but I still slept well.
For those who are disturbed by this early morning music, they do have ear plugs by the bed to use.

Overall, we loved our stay at the Stockyards Hotel and would return when in the area.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2017

Historical Hotel is in a great location close to restaurants, shops and night life. The room was decorated nicely with western decore. We had an issue with our AC in the room as it would not go below 71 degrees, water in shower was lukewarm, sink faucet handle broke off while trying to turn it on. Hotel staff was great and moved us to another room. Hotel manager stayed due to the inconveniences they would reduce our bill by half, however that did not happen bill was reduced but significantly less than half. We had a great time at the stockyards, however when we return we will elect to stay in another hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with family