“Great evening, nice patio and great eats”
Review of Piola

Piola
Ranked #329 of 1,722 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Price range: USD 15 - USD 20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 31 October 2016

The food was great, I was in a group of about 20 and the service was good. There was a wide selection of items ordered and everyone thought they were O.K. I have the following, The best item I had was the Bruschetta of goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, roasted red peppers, roasted garlic and crostini. I would ask for a whole head of roasted garlic. The second item I had was the Steamed Mussels with white wine, garlic, ginger and parsley broth. Broth is great to dip bread into. The Mediterranean Salad of cucumbers, feta cheese, onions, olives, tomato and oregano, was really good. I did not order anything else as this was a complete and great meal. I will go back and most likely have the same three items again.

Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

Food was ok but service was terrible. This was our third visit and we probably won't be back. Had to ask multiple times for drink refills. One person in our party didn't get their food until we were almost finished. For the price the service and quality just weren't worth it.

Reviewed 4 January 2016

This is a very quaint, romantic little place with an amazing patio. In my opinion, it is very underrated and overlooked. We had our office Christmas lunch here, and it was fabulous (choices included the eggplant parmesan, and lasagna) all 20 of us raved at how great the food was. We also went with a couple of friends and had an amazing experience as well. The calamari and mussels to start were cooked perfectly, our entrees were great as well (steak special, flounder, lobster ravioli etc). Great service, great food and a sweet ambiance far from a chain restaurant. Do yourself a favor and make a reservation - now!

Reviewed 14 October 2015

This restaurant is an amazing re-purposed house in Fort Worth. To simply experience the ambiance on the garden patio is worth the visit. When I conducted a search for best patio restaurants in Fort Worth, this one came up and I do tend to agree. It is spacious with a water feature and hanging lights. The fireplace was my favorite thing of the patio and although for a fireplace connoisseur like myself who wants to light it up even if there is a hint of a chill in the air, it was too warm to light it on this night (even though we tried to nudge the owner to do so.)
A few more splashes of color by adding flowers and plants was missing, but would make it close to a perfect patio.
The food was average with a disappointing appetizer. We were convinced by the waiter to stray from the typical calamari and go with the grilled. Unfortunately, we did not like the sandy texture or the flavor of the chili sweet/spicy sauce. The chicken picatta and lobster ravioli were both pleasant dinner selections.
We were offered bread with our meal and thought this was strange as it should have been offered at the beginning.
I will return on an air chilled night just to enjoy the ambiance, cold Prosecco and the warm, crackling, beautiful fire place.

Reviewed 16 August 2015

We have eaten there 4 or 5 times now, usually with 6 to 8 people and we realized we have never had one of us ever complain about anything. No matter what anyone orders we always enjoy our meal and just keep going back. We now always request to eat inside, but probably should give the patio one more try. (Years ago we ate outside because the inside was full and it was hot and a lot of flies....but in all fairness I am sure they have corrected that problem) Anyway the food is excellent and I think a very good value for your money. It very good for special occasions or just as a couple.

1  Thank billcyd