“Won't stay here again”

Ranked #97 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Houston, TX
“Won't stay here again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

I chose this hotel because it didn't require many hotel points and it was on my way home from a trip to Lubock.

I've been to DFW area enough to know that I can do better next time and won't waste my time or hotel points on this hotel again.

I wouldn't call it terrible, but it certainly isn't good. The hotel is beat up. The pool is drained. (This is the 2nd longest stretch of 100+ weather in recorded history, and the pool is drained!) My room had several issues. (Missing light bulbs, missing TV remote)

On the other hand, the desk staff has tried very hard to make the problems with the room right, so I can't complain too loudly.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank steverk1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Carrollton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

I stayed there the night of June 12, 2011 and was biten on my face, arms, and back by bed bugs. I notified the manager Andy and he refuses to acknowledge that there are bed bugs in the room and even proceeded to assign the room to someone else the following day. I captured one of the bugs and put it in a plastic bag to show to them and there was blood on the sheet from the bites so they know that there are bed bugs in there. Apparently they do not care and are not taking any steps to eradicate this problem. So beware!!!

Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank deltaattendant
Odessa, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2011

This hotel is very, very old and run-down. There was a small sofa bed in our room which was so stained and nasty that i could not determine its original color. The room was smoked in for years (even though it was supposed to be a non-smoking room) and the awful smoke smell was covered by a strong disinfectant smell. We only stayed because we arrived late (10:30) and had a doctor's appointment the next day. We had driven 6 hours to get there and were exhausted. Lighting was bad, no handicapped ramp accessible (light was out) stianed celing and doors. Locks were poor. Everything was totally nasty and run-down. When we were having breakfast the next day, my husband attempted to use the microwave for oatmeal and the electricity went off in the entire room. Management offered their office microwave because they didn't know where the breaker box was. When I contacted Choice Hotels--they said, we're sorry but all our hotels are independently run. We can't do anything about it. Believe me, I didn't want a free night's stay or anything out of this. I thought this was a fluke becuase I had always counted on Choice Hotels. Apparently they don't oversee hotels that use their name at all. They simply said they would "forward" my complaint. Believe me, the people working there know it is a dump. For almost a $100.00 per night, i expected cleanliness and safety. Beware of this hotel and this hotel chain. Don't go unless you have personally inspected it. because the chain doesn't.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tlyorkie
Libertyville, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2011

We stayed here for the Super Bowl & not only wasit the most affordable centrally located hotel, the staff went over & beyond to assist us! Erica and Mohammed were wonderful! The hotel itself needs some updating, but what do you expect for such affordable rates? Here's the best value ..... they have a shuttle that will take you to Sundance Square, the Stadium etc..... without a charge! That saved us hundreds of dollars. Nothing short of "more than we expected" ..... Thank you very much!!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Wichita Falls, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2010

Paid for a suite with no knobs on either of the heating units, we called the dest and was downgraded to another room. Got to that room, there was no remote, no handle on the toilet, and we spouse and I both woke up with sores all over our arms and shoulders. We believe bedbugs. The guy at the desk gave us a false name for the manager and was an absolute jerk.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple