“Good Chicken Fried Steak”
Review of Road Runner Cafe

Road Runner Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We were traveling and pulled into the Fort Stockton RV Park and very pleased to see the little cafe. They opened at 5:00 so we waited for it to open.

We both tried the chicken fried steak dinner. The meal was delicious from the white gravy, potatoes, steak and beans. It was very good. Service was excellent too.

Price for the chicken friend steak dinner which included dessert was $11.95. We didn't think that out of line at all. It sure beat driving into town. Besides all of that, it was very good.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Excellent dinner. Best part of our stay was a delicious Chicken Fried Steak! They claim world class and I have to agree. Fantastic service.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

We had the chicken fried steak for dinner and it was great. Not frozen, but actually real meat cooked perfectly. You also get a cup of ice cream with your meal. The service was good. I think we'll try breakfast in the morning.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the RV Park. Everyone in our family had chicken fried steak for dinner and it was delicious. It came with mashed potatoes and green beans. The next morning we grabbed breakfast to go and it was just as scrumptious! Humongous pancakes, really good eggs, bacon, and sausage! We would eat here again if we are ever in Ft Stockton again.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

Stayed one night at the RV park, too tired to cook. Went for dinner. They advertized "world class chicken fried steak" so I couldn't resist. DW and I went. I ordered the chicken fried steak with fries and the veg of the day. DW ordered the chicken tenders with fries and a side salad. I have eaten Chicken fried steak in KS, OK, TX, AL, MS, and LA.
The Chicken fried steak? I'm not sure which world it was supposed to be the class of but probably Jupiter. Tough, not well prepared, soggy breading. Felt and tasted frozen and thawed. Fries? soggy, tasteless, pre-packaged and pre-cooked tasting. Italian cut green beans? From a can, cooked to death, tasteless.
DW's chicken tenders? Dried out, flavorless, barely edible. Her fries soggy too. Salad from a small self-serve station, hard to screw up but not really a "salad". Waitress was sweet so we didn't want to break her chops.
Time for a new "cook", guys, this was the worst meal we had on the road except fro the Dragon Chinese rest. in Carlsbad that tried to poison me.

1  Thank uphill69