“Breakfast OK”

Steak House Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 41 Restaurants in Fort Stockton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 22 March 2018

We had breakfast here only as closed early on Saturday and Sunday. Place pretty clean and only a few other customer in so service was good. Yah , we would stop in again.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Was traveling through the area and needed a real dinner, saw the Steak House on the way to my hotel. Happy I went back. I had the hand-breaded shrimp with fries and onion rings. It was delicious. I was sorry I didn't try thier amazing salad bar set up, I recommend it if you're there. I checked it out and it's spectacular. Anyhow, my waiter was a super nice kid, fast, sweet and helpful. Nice family friendly place. If you're passing through be sure to stop there!

Reviewed 12 January 2018

When we entered the restaurant that was referred to us by the clerk at the Hotel we wish we hadn't stayed in, there was one couple about to leave. A young man seated us gave us menus. We asked for decaf coffee. He said he would brew a fresh pot which when we got it was not even close to hot. My wife decided after taking a sip or two not to drink it. I asked mine to be heated so they microwaved it so hot I could not drink it without putting ice cubes in it from the water. I ordered just a loaded baked potato. it was very dry even with butter and sour cream. My wife ordered a hamburger. It was delivered with two condiment cups. One had a yellow substance (mustard) and the other a white substance (mayonnaise). My wife put a lot of the mayo on her burger and took a bite to find out that the mayo was not mayo but Miracle Whip or something similar. Screwed up the burger even when she tried to wipe it off. She no longer wanted the burger (I don't blame her, it should have been mayo or we should have been told) and the potato was just not that good. I finally was able to finish my coffee and we went to pay. I asked him to take off the $2.50 or so for my wife's coffee that she didn't drink. If it was fresh brewed why was it not hot? A person from the back interrogated my wife as to how much she consumed and finally told the young man to take it off the bill. As it was, the entire $25 or so was a waste. Maybe this was an anomaly. I don't know. But our experience was terrible. I gave them a poor to be nice. If you've read other reviews I have written you know I am not one to complain much but this was bad. I think they just wanted to close and didn't care much how our experience was.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

My wife and I stopped for lunch at the Steakhouse Restaurant in Fort Stockton today en route to Albuquerque. It looked OK from the road, but what a mistake. The salad bar was fair, but from that point, it was all downhill.

My chopped steak was dry but doused in out-the-can brown gravy; the baked potato was grossly over baked and served with nothing but butter and sour cream; and the rolls were at best OK. My wife's baked chicken consisted of two small pieces of dry meat.

To top it off, this meal was grossly overpriced. Lousy food, inflated prices = restaurant that should be avoided.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

great break from the miles of fast nasty food
good menu and great steak and nice customer service and clean