“A big upgrade over Motel 6”
Review of Budget Inn

Budget Inn
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Fort Stockton
austin
“A big upgrade over Motel 6”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Having come from a couple of nights in Motel 6's, we picked this one because we did not have to climb stairs. When we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised--the rooms were bigger, the bathrooms were recently remodeled, with upgraded fixtures, the TV was a newer flat screen, the bed was quite comfortable, and the room was clean.

Best of all was the welcome we received from this family run establishment.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Don R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Super gross. Guy was rude, hung up on me after I called to verify if he had two rooms. Then the price magically jumped $10. Basic room, yellow dried matter on the bed sheets, slept in my clothes. Perfect room if you are a band rolling in at 2:30am looking for 3 hours of sleep. Thank the lord above I didn't have a black light on me. Oh, added bonus of stained towels :)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Fort Stockton hotels

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Sadly, I booked this motel based on some reviews online. I am amazed that anyone would rate this hotel above a 2, on a scale of 1 to 5.

Had I not been so tired when I arrived, I would have left even though I had already paid online and would not be refunded.

The front door had been recently rebuilt, the entire door jamb was new unpainted wood. I can only guess that for some reason in the recent past, it had gotten kicked in.
That made me a little nervous.

The walls were thin and subsequently noisy. The room had a fridge, but it was quite loud and I had to unplug it if I wanted to sleep or hear the 1980's vintage tube type TV.

The bathroom supplies were the tiny mini soap, and shampoo you squeeze out of a mini envelope. Works ok if you have a crew cut I guess, but I have long hair and the envelope didn't have enough shampoo in it to properly suds up. I opted to wash my hair at my next overnight stop instead.

I would not recommend this motel mainly due to the lack of cleanliness, the tattered towels that were worse than the towels I have a home that go to the rag box, and the noise level.

• Stayed January 2012
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 28 December 2011

We stayed overnight, this motel is very basic!

The bad: Our room was very outdated, furniture had lots of scratches. One of the chairs had a broken arm. The pillows were terrible, flat as pancakes. What shocked me the most was how poorly cleaned it was. I had to wipe dusty surfaces and even cleaned the aircon filter. The walls also had mysterious stains on it. The lamp shape were covered in dust. The wallls in this place are paper thin, we could hear our neighbours having a conversation and even watching a movie at 4am. The aircon also needs to be replaced. It doesn't self regulate, so we slept with it OFF as it was too noisy when ON.

The good: considering the condition of the room the queen bed was comfortable.The bathroom has been partially remodelled: the tiles, shower curtain and toilet appear new. There is a new flat screen TV. It comes with a fridge and microwave. The wi-fi was free and speed was good.

Would I stay hear again? No way! For just under $60 this was too much for this place. I will definitely pay a little bit more next time for a better quality motel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Chico, California
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Me & my wife were looking for a hotel nearby, and started looking on Android. We basically picked any hotel with internet, and hoped the rest of the basic accommodations were decent. When we first saw the Budget Inn in Ft Stockton I thought it was kinda old & rundown and though the owners would be all bad along with the room..I was WRONG. The owners were VERY NICE, they even gave us a booklet of place around to eat & a map of the area. When we reached our room it was BETTER THEN I THOUGHT. The Bed was HUGE(king size for 2), the TV is a Flat-Screen 32-inches on the wall, the bathroom is very decent..nothing nasty..only wish they had lotion but many don't need lotion all badly. The internet service is FREE & you just need to ask for the password from the owner(front desk). Service overall is Great, would stay here again!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family