“Great Deal - Avoid 3D” 4 of 5 bubbles

Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Dallas, Texas
“Great Deal - Avoid 3D”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

This drive-in is a great deal, and I love seeing movies here, but I would suggest you avoid the 3D movies. The movies are so dark that you cannot see what is going on half the time. Also, the glasses have very small lenses, making it hard to focus on the edges of the screen when the action is not centered.

The food is average, but is reasonably priced. I usually buy popcorn and a couple drinks when I go, as they support the place with the concessions.

Overall, you can't beat the value for the price; just avoid the 3D movies!

Visited July 2011

Texarkana, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“LOVED IT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2011

Great experience! They have new movies and cheap snacks! You can listen to the movie sitting outside with the outside speakers or sit in your car and tune your radio to a certain radio station to listen to the movie through your car speakers :) This was my first time at a drive in and will definitely come back! The putt putt golf was not open but it was very small.

Visited February 2011
1 Thank krasy2001
Grand Prairie, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2010

The Galaxy is so much fun under the stars! Good, cheap food and a very friendly atmosphere! 4 huge screens - and now one of them can even play 3D movies! I could never get enough. You should absolutely GO!

1 Thank Sleeth1
Dallas, Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Sweet deal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2009

This was my first time going to a Drive-In since very few of them exist today and I wasn't entirely sure what to expect but everything was sooo great! Before the movie, there was a live DJ that played through the FM station that we tuned into at our parking spot. The food was decent (I really enjoyed the tamales, but we didn't really expect anything gourmet from the rest of the menu of hot dogs and hamburgers). It is $6 per person for two movies on the same screen. The only thing that I did not like was that the first movie started off kinda late so we decided not to stay for the second movie. We wish it was closer to us so that we can go again!

1 Thank T0m03
New Orleans, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun & Unique !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2009

Visited my first drive-in movie. We got to see a double feature for the price of one. The moon in the background was also a positive thing to see. The snacks sold there were cheap and yummy. The layout was easy to navigate around. Enjoyed it & will never forget it. Will be back.

2 Thank WineNDine4Life