“Best hotel in the area for the price”

Best Western Plus Duncanville Dallas
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Duncanville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Crosby, Texas
“Best hotel in the area for the price”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We were in the Desoto area 5 times last year for BMX races and always stayed at the same hotel. This year we had to find something else since our "regular" hotel wanted $40/night more than last year! Lucky for us we found the Best Western. We were able to book a king suite for $30/night cheaper than a small two double/queen room at any of the other hotels we liked in the area. Needless to say this Best Western is a super bargain. Hotel and room were clean and sevice was outstanding. We were even able to get our room 2 hours early at no extra charge. The king suite was very roomy with a comfortable bed and sofa bed. Hotel also had a free breakfast -- everything looked good, but we only had juice both mornings since we were in a rush. There is nothing bad I can say about this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BMXmom13
BW_DL, General Manager at Best Western Plus Duncanville Dallas, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us during the BMX Races at Grimes Park in Desoto, TX. We are conveniently located close to Grimes Park near many popular restaurants. Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Decatur, tx
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We had a great experience staying with you guys. Coley and I from now on will make any Best Western our first choice in hotels, business or pleasure. You really cared about making us feel comfortable and safe. Thanks for allowing us to keep our equipment in a secure location as I'm sure it was somewhat of an inconvenience at times. Also, we found that for our business, being away from our office, the services including Faxes and high speed Internet made our business transactions go smoothly.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Tracy - both you and Coley became part of our family while you were doing business in our area. Being on the road is tough especially while managing your own business. That's why I'm glad our business services like faxing, copying, and high speed internet access were valuable to you. Take care and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Greenville, TX
Reviewed 20 December 2011

We could not agree more with everyone else:s reviews. Location was perfect for us. The staff were very helpful and knowledgeable. Most of all, the rooms were quiet, one of my BIG hopes for a hotel.
Room itself was very clean, even the remote is made in such a way that they can disinfect it, haven't seen one of those before! The mattress was incredibly comfortable, wish we weren't so busy in town and could have just lounged around all day but it made for a restful night's sleep. I didn't get a chance to check out the breakfast so please rely on other reviews for that portion.

Room Tip: I always pick high up in a hotel and away from the elevators.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank gslink
BW_DL, General Manager at Best Western Plus Duncanville Dallas, responded to this review, 24 December 2011
I'm glad we made your trip worthwhile! I'm also glad you noticed our Clean Remotes. As part of our Ultra-Clean program with Best Western, we are taking steps to ensure every guest experience is an enjoyable one. Since these remotes have a flat surface, it is very easy to clean and disinfect by our housekeepers. No one likes surprises and that's the idea behind these remotes and other tools/procedures we utilize at our hotel. Next time be sure to try our full-breakfast. Our Texas Shaped Waffles are big hit with our younger customers! Happy Holidays!
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I stayed two days for business,. The room was a king with plenty of room and high speed internet. Fridge and microwave in room and something unique these days. It had a coffeemaker with a coffeepot so you did not brew into a styrofoam cup (which makes the coffee taste like old shoe leather). It had a plastic filter basket where you put the coffee into, but it was not a one-use filter...it was part of the coffeemaker. Much more environmentally friendly than the typical one-use set-up most of the hotels are using these days. The breakfast both days was very good. Cereals including oatmeal, eggs, sausage, biscuits, waffles, yogurt, some fruit. etc. It was convenient to lots of facilities. The staff were exceptional. It had turned colder and my battery failed. They loaned me jumper cables and helped me try and find someone to jump my auto. They were always friendly (we had several groups staying) and ready to help in any way that they could. I think they went above and beyond in any requests from our groups. Only suggestion would be to put a bell at the front desk to get attention if staff is in the back. I will definitely stay here again next time I am in this area.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
I'm glad your car and battery came to life after it received a jump. We try to anticipate slight mishaps like these and prepare our staff on ways to handle them. We do take our environmental responsibility seriously and have tried to look at all aspects of our impact on this planet. I personally also do not like my coffee in Styrofoam cups and prefer the cups that we use as well. In addition, since we are an official Energy Star rated facility, we pay close attention to our energy use and look for ways to reduce our consumption without diminishing our guest's experience. Anyone can save electricity by turning the lights off, but that wouldn't be practical nor enjoyable by our guests! We have to be smart with our energy usage!
Renton, Washington
Reviewed 4 October 2011

My recent stay left me with a very good feeling. The rooms are spacious, clean and well appointed and the staff was cheerful and took interest in the customers. I will be back soon.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Duncanville
0.5 km away
7.5 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas South - DeSoto
0.5 km away
TownePlace Suites Dallas DeSoto

Been to Best Western Plus Duncanville Dallas? Share your experiences!