“Get Away with High School Friends”

Onion Creek Kitchens at Juniper Hills Farm
Reviewed 27 February 2018

My husband, Julian, and I are long time fans of Juniper Hills Farm and Onion Creek Kitchens. Last year, we took a group of four couples for a long relaxing weekend. Everyone loved the cooking class, infinity pool, breakfast delivered to our casitas, dinner prepared at the outdoor kitchen, walks around the property and many laughs on our porches. Sibby is the ultimate host taking care of every last detail. She even presented me with a Gluten Free cupcake for dessert at dinner. We had so much fun we are headed back this June. So excited!

Reviewed 8 April 2017

I've always wanted to come for one of the Onion Creek Kitchen cooking schools but timing never works out so I just came to stay at the cottages. The cottages are in a closely knit compound of four units but I was lucky enough to be the only one in residence when I stayed. There are lots of places to enjoy the outdoors with a bocce ball court, fire pit, hammock, seating at each cottage and water features as well. Inside, my room, Casita Verde, was flawlessly clean. Very comfortable bed and great down pillows made sleeping so cozy. The huge Austin stone shower was great. I'm already anxious to go again.

Reviewed 28 November 2016

If you like cooking or just eating you need to try one of the cooking classes here. I took the "Mexican street food" class and after making all kinds of good food we all sat down and ate everything. It was fun and delicious! This is a great group activity if you're looking for something different to do.

1  Thank kcopeland57
Reviewed 26 September 2016

Cook Once, Eat Three Times was an intriguing cooking class. Example: make Garlic Lemon Red Pepper Spaghetti, save some and then use it it two other dishes. The same for three Asian dishes and three desserts. It was a lot of work but 18 of us managed to pull it off! Head chef/owner Sibby and her assistants were very well organized and the recipes were fantastic. One can pay just to spectate (as my husband did) or pay a bit more to have a hands on experience (like I did). Highly recommend.

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

My husband and I came here for a getaway for our anniversary. We stayed in the studio. We loved the privacy she gave us but loved all the preprinted laminated notes around so we knew what things where, where things where on property, etc. The cool breeze even in Texas on morning was very nice. The infinity pool amazing. Outdoor kitchen which we didn't use was perfectly set up. There are fresh baked goods for breakfast that are delivered to the front door of your cabin. W also went to a cooking school, the first cooking school my husband and I had ever been to and loved it. We left with all recipes we cooked. We didn't use the sauna but it was very nice I did go view it. There are many books, games, and other things to do such as bird watching book, binoculars, deer right out your doors, friendly foxes that visit daily, and much more. Additionally, there are several massage therapist that will come out to property. We used Michelle and she was very knowledgeable about muscles and really how to fix the problem areas. We had an amazing weekend. Would definitely come back.

2  Thank Brandi B