Onion Creek Kitchens at Juniper Hills Farm
Open today: 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Review Highlights
Get Away with High School Friends

My husband, Julian, and I are long time fans of Juniper Hills Farm and Onion Creek Kitchens. Last... read more

Reviewed 27 February 2018
guylynn
Rowlett, Texas
Lovely place to stay....

I've always wanted to come for one of the Onion Creek Kitchen cooking schools but timing never... read more

Reviewed 8 April 2017
radley4
Texas

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

My husband and I came here for a getaway for our anniversary. We stayed in the studio. We loved the privacy she gave us but loved all the preprinted laminated notes around so we knew what things where, where things where on property, etc. The cool breeze even in Texas on morning was very nice. The infinity pool amazing. Outdoor kitchen which we didn't use was perfectly set up. There are fresh baked goods for breakfast that are delivered to the front door of your cabin. W also went to a cooking school, the first cooking school my husband and I had ever been to and loved it. We left with all recipes we cooked. We didn't use the sauna but it was very nice I did go view it. There are many books, games, and other things to do such as bird watching book, binoculars, deer right out your doors, friendly foxes that visit daily, and much more. Additionally, there are several massage therapist that will come out to property. We used Michelle and she was very knowledgeable about muscles and really how to fix the problem areas. We had an amazing weekend. Would definitely come back.

2  Thank Brandi B
Reviewed 11 July 2016

Onion Creek Kitchens at Juniper HIlls Farm is truly a hill country gem. We recently got married in Dripping Springs in January 2016 and received a tip to check this place out as a rehearsal dinner venue. It was PERFECT! The space is charming, the food is delicious, and the people are absolutely lovely. Sibby was incredibly helpful and hospitable from the start. She created an amazing menu for our group to accommodate both the vegans and meat eaters alike. I cannot say enough about how wonderful the food and service was. You seriously can't find better than this place! You have your own personal space with a personalized menu and personal service, all at a very reasonable price. It was the perfect start to our special weekend and we are so grateful for Sibby and her team. My husband and I definitely plan on returning for a weekend getaway soon.

Reviewed 25 January 2016

Yesterday, we joined about 14 others for their "Cooking Light for the New Year" class - a very hands-on class, which is why we came back. Some other cooking classes elsewhere are observation only, not hands-on. (Note: For a lesser fee, you can observe and eat, but not participate in the hands-on cooking.)

Onion Creek Kitchens is on County Road 165 about 6 miles from US 290 between Dripping Springs and Blanco.

We and members of our 'team' took part in making 6 dishes: Hazelnut Blue Cheese Pear Tart, Shaved Broccoli Apple Salad w Tarragon & Bacon, Fettuccine w Tomato Cream Sauce, Parmesan Crusted Oven Fried Chicken, Beef Tenderloin w Cognac Butter, and Chocolate Almond Cheesecake Bars.

We started at about 4pm, cooked, then all sat down to a very wonderful dinner of our own making! They invited participants to bring beverages of their own choosing. We brought a bottle of wine.

Sibby (the owner) does a wonderful job at explaining, encouraging, demonstrating, helping, and is an absolutely delightful host.

They also have some casitas on the property, but we did not stay.

If you like participatory cooking classes, definitely add this to your list for the Texas Hill Country!

We're going back in early March!

2  Thank Art G
Reviewed 6 November 2015

If you are looking for a fun weekend getaway that combines nice lodging with a cooking school, Juniper Hills should be on your list. It's great for couples or a girls weekend. We have been twice to the cooking school and had a great time. They have only 4 rooms so if you are planning to attend one of their cooking schools you will need to book well in advance to get a room. You eat what you cook and with all the wine we consumed we were glad to walk back to our room rather than driving to Wimberly or Blanco. Sibby does a great job with the class and the experience was very enjoyable,,,give it a try...you'll be glad you did

Reviewed 29 September 2015 via mobile

Sibby and staff made our Rehearsal Dinner a one of a kind event! My wife and I arrived a day early and stayed one more night after the wedding. Food, staff, and facilities were 1st rate. We will return for more cooking classes and lodging in the future.