“Rehearsal Dinner”

Onion Creek Kitchens at Juniper Hills Farm
Reviewed 29 September 2015 via mobile

Sibby and staff made our Rehearsal Dinner a one of a kind event! My wife and I arrived a day early and stayed one more night after the wedding. Food, staff, and facilities were 1st rate. We will return for more cooking classes and lodging in the future.

Reviewed 2 January 2015

We stayed here for a weekend back in October. It's a quiet and a beautiful place for a nice weekend getaway. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. Our Casita was very clean, well kept, and cozy. We got fresh baked pastries and juice every morning. It is also a very dog friendly place. The owner even left us doggie treats in our Casita. No check-in, check-out hassles, simple instructions, and no one around to bother us. I would definitely come back.

1  Thank RudyPie
Reviewed 30 September 2014

My friends & I decided to have my bachelorette party here...and we are SO glad we did. Our group of 7 had a blast learning how to cook some amazing dishes, explore some new tastes, and enjoy the company of new friends.

We weren't really sure what to expect with the cooking class (maybe that we were cooking just for ourselves), but it was delightful to cook a meal for a large group and try new things! Sibby & her team were fun, funny, & helpful as we navigated our way around the kitchen. Everything came together beautifully and we had an amazing meal...complete with recipes she shared with us after the fact!

Sibby was also kind enough to give me a wedding gift with some of the seasonings and other goodies...her attention to detail was wonderful. We're all already planning our next trip back so we can try another class!

Note: It can be a bit difficult to locate so be sure to give yourself plenty of time...and don't rely on GPS!!!!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Most relaxing three days I've had in a long time. We went during the week and had the place to ourselves for the most part. I felt no pressure to go or do, and was just able to sit and enjoy the quiet beauty of the surroundings, watch the hummingbirds come and go and enjoy the moment. The zero-edge pool overlooking the hill country is beautiful. I could have (well, may as well say 'did') sit in the shade and read almost an entire day there. Did I mention that it is normally very hard for me to sit still? Really enjoyed the outdoor kitchen too. We picked up several prepared but uncooked things from Whole Foods on the way. it was very easy to prepare a meal on the gas grill that way, and all the utensils, tools, plates, cups etc. were already there to use. Don't worry about breakfast; the stay includes a daily delivery of a delicious breakfast pastry (different each day) that should be adequate for most, and if not, they also provide a bag of their homemade granola along with milk, juice and coffee. I recommend taking whatever you want to drink and snacky stuff and something to throw on the grill for dinner unless you just want to drive for a while to find a restaurant. We took breakfast stuff and ended up taking it all home with us. I look forward to staying here again! Thank you for a wonderful time.

1  Thank Bobby K
See more reviews
Reviewed 28 March 2013

This was my 3rd visit to Onion Creek Kitchen at Juniper Hills Farm. It is such a wonderful experience! The property is an oasis in the Hill Country- scenic views, beautiful surroundings and the best hostess. Sibby is charming and hospitable. I always learn wonderful new recipes and cooking suggestions in her classes. We started our afternoon with cocktails and delicious appetizers by the infinity pool with a fireplace. From there, we moved to the "kitchen" for our hands on cooking class with great assistants and Sibby to guide us thru the preparation of the recipes. This was a private cooking class for a group of women, great girls trip. We divided into groups for each item we were preparing. The culmination was the delicious dinner we enjoyed of all we prepared in our cooking class. We spent the evening in her nearby casitas that are comfortably and tastefully furnished with accommodations for your every need. The next morning fresh baked scones were delivered to our room to enjoy with our coffee, juice, fruit and granola provided. Every time I visit, I regret leaving!

2  Thank Tom D