“Staying here was a good choice”

Days Inn & Suites DeSoto
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in DeSoto
Reviewed 22 July 2017

This is an older hotel but clean and maintained. Hubby and I stay at all levels of hotels. This one was a good choice for the following reasons:
1. Our room was very clean and no odor anywhere as reported in a previous review.
2. The bed was so-o-o comfortable! We slept really well.
3. We asked for a quiet room and we given a corner room on the second floor away from the entry. The door to the room was separated from the bed area so hallway noise was not really a problem. (Thanks, Rochelle!)
4. All of the staff on every shift were very, very nice and did all they could meet our needs.
5. The price and location was really good for us. There are numerous restaurants. One right next door opens at six a.m. A grocery store about 2 minutes away.
6. There is a good size mini-fridge and small microwave so we were able to reheat left overs.
7. The breakfast is definitely basic continental as they state on the website. No boiled eggs but variety of cereals, bread, pastries and maybe oatmeal (didn't lift the lid to see). If you are an early riser the night manager insisted two nights in a row on making me fresh coffee.
8. WiFi was excellent and no hoops to jump through to connect.
9. The first floor rooms are open to the outside like a motel while second and third floor are hotel style and include elevators. There are luggage carts available.

We would definitely stay here again. The people are the ones that make the difference.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the registration area. It is open to the second floor so noise may be heard...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Reviewed 15 July 2017

i reserved 3 rooms because it looked decent online but it is just a smelly old hotel . The smell was so bad I comtemplated on sleeping inside my vehicle. it smelled like garbage. So bad even the smell penetrated to the bath towels. Theres was no way I could have dried my hands with the towels. So bad I literally slept for 4 hours and was on my way. So bad I took off without a shower bc I was just so grossed out I wanted to run from there. I only slept because I had a long drive ahead. The area is beyond ghetto too. People out in their cars at 3 am.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

One night My mother and I was looking for a place that she can use her wheelchair... behold we found it and fell asleep.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near DeSoto
1.8 km away
0.2 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas South-DeSoto
0.8 km away
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-DeSoto/South Dallas

Been to Days Inn & Suites DeSoto? Share your experiences!